1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Placed the order on Sideshow, gonna suck with those shipping charges, but I guess I'll take the reward points down the line for the inevitable IW 4 figures.

Screenshot_2018-07-14-23-54-33.jpg
28576768_10155309495382344_4073018745541319854_n.jpg

Anyone notice how that little vine wrapped around the handle isnt actually in the film. At least not in some parts. I'll have to rewatch closely in others. but definitely not in the scene i posted. Not world ending at all but just a little something I noticed for all you accuracy junkies. Have roadworn and was content...or at least I kept telling myself that... Until I caved and finnallly preorder this badboy. No way id live down not owning thor at his most powerful lol.

Yea does seem a little undersized eh? Especially in the scene where its in thanos' chest

Hopefully they will make it bigger when it's released, though that might make them decide it needs to be plastic so he can hold it. It's not Mjolnir after all, so a diecast version probably won't be 'terribly well balanced". :lol

If its that big and heavy, how is the figure able to carry it?
I rather have an accessory not that movie accurate rather than something that ends up ruining my figure.
Or am I the only one who thinks so? I mean if its made in diecast and as big as the thanos scene, won't that be heavy af? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So it will come with a little tree stump base which will be a strong repelling magnet which will push the axe up and counter-balance well - my sources tell me.

The die cast mjolnir is too heavy for most Thor figures to hold up unfortunately until they did ratcheted shoulder joints and even then it could weigh the arm down. I can’t imagine, being that the axe is bigger, they would make an even heavier die cast Storm Breaker.

i think im just spoiled with diecast mjolnir lol. I cant imagine stormbreaker just being plastic now...but thats just me. i dont mind it being smaller if we can have it diecast. im surprised hot toys didnt pull the old one light up stormbreaker and one diecast like they have been doing with mjolnir as of late tbh. but yea the weight would be a problem in the long run

Screenshot_2018-07-21-19-23-23.jpg

Really liking this sleeveless look. Maybe even a little more than the dark chainmail. And while i know this has been discussed to hell and back but Stormbreaker looks absolutely massive here :lol. And it isnt really all that curved in the film as the figure version is either. hmmm. lol still hyped.

Rocket and Groot aren't really that early from the original estimate right? So I can't imagine Thor being super early vs their Q1 estimate. Sucks having to wait so long but that is the hobby we're in lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the size is right. Marvel just made it bigger for the one shot it's in his chest.

Compare Stormbreaker's head in both pictures to Thor's legs, feet to knee. HT's is definitely under scaled. Not by much, though.

Hardly a deal breaker imo, but would be nice if HT makes it the correct size.

Compare Stormbreaker's head in both pictures to Thor's legs, feet to knee. HT's is definitely under scaled. Not by much, though.

Hardly a deal breaker imo, but would be nice if HT makes it the correct size.

Agreed completely. Its great, but just under perfect. Remove the vines wrapping around it while we're at it:rotfl

Either way excited to get him

6522567-mhjkdamdodzp3nyvic4fj24y83heirr961f7hcixduq.jpg

This is legit promo material. Another look at the size. The HT stormbreaker could use some slight tweaking

Back