1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changes in global labor costs, uncertain trade and tariff situations, currency exchange rates...ect, you might never be able to get figures of this quality at such prices again.

Compare to what you get from Sideshow figures vs what you get Hot Toys now.

We might be looking back at this as the golden era of figures. Sure the figures will improve, but the costs might increase at a 50% rate over the next 5 years.

People were and are still buying up Michael Keaton's Batman, Christopher Reeve's Superman, Heath Ledger's Joker, among others. If a movie, character or genre has enough appeal to sell collectibles like Hot Toys and Sideshow has, you can bet they still will in years to come.

Exactly, even if the movies end, these characters are some generations Vader and Luke. lots of people will cherish these heroes forever, and buy tons

Bring Me Discounts!!!!!

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.43.56 PM.jpg

Sucks though, it won't apply to my cart, telling me I already used it even though I think its just referring to me having used the same thing when it popped up for the diecast Mark 7

Let me see if I can get it to come back up because it wasn't showing me the code it would just redirect me back to my cart with no discount.

If you guys want to try it out, clear your cookies when you go to Sideshow, there's one glaring cookie in use:
Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.53.41 PM.jpg

Changes in global labor costs, uncertain trade and tariff situations, currency exchange rates...ect, you might never be able to get figures of this quality at such prices again.

Compare to what you get from Sideshow figures vs what you get Hot Toys now.

We might be looking back at this as the golden era of figures. Sure the figures will improve, but the costs might increase at a 50% rate over the next 5 years.

Speaking on the subject, when did prices rise toward $267 for some figures?
Until last month I had not bought a Hot Toys figure in about 8 years (except for Gamora which I got way discounted at a closing Hastings store), so I was shocked to see they had risen so much from the $200-ish dollar marker. Was that gradual over the last decade or was it a recent price increase?

The cost of this hobby has skyrocketed in just the last four years. Honestly, the quality hasn’t quite kept up with the price hikes either.

All things are cyclical. Do you really think that superhero films will be able to maintain box office supremacy for another 10 years? Not being negative, only realistic.

I don’t know, I feel like people have been saying this for years and here we are, Endgame is already the second biggest movie ever and it’s only been about two weeks. Now I don’t think another comic book movie is gonna be able to accomplish this but they’re not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I wonder when this might pop up again on Timewalker, Alterego etc? After rewatching some reviews I think I definitely need to pick one up now. I wasn't totally sold on the all-black look at first, or a Thor without his hammer, but I've grown to love it a lot more since then.

And guess I better pick up one of those Thunder Axes too before they suddenly disappear.

Why reissue this now? It just went to waitlist recently, and with nothing new to tempt buyers
it will end up being dead stock. Pretty stupid on HT part.

USA isn't the only market for HT. Good that it's available in USA until recently but it was sold out almost everywhere else and subjected to scalper pricing. So this re-issue is good news for the rest of the collectors outside of USA.

If IW Thor sold out quick and POs were filled up immediately, cool, make some more to meet the demand. But this was available for so long. That should've been enough time to decide whether this figure was "worthy" or not.

That's only for you guys in US. The PO window opened and closed before IW was screened in SEA and possibly other countries so there are many people who didn't/wouldn't PO before seeing Thor on screen.

This is obviously a business decision to tap onto the hype EG generated to generate more sales for the company.

Last edited:
Well a UK seller has re-listed Thor for £20 more than the initial release so I'm happy with that & I'll be making sure I order now rather than dithering like I did last time (was adamant he would be remade for EG which swayed my decision to hold off)

Neil

So I wonder when this might pop up again on Timewalker, Alterego etc? After rewatching some reviews I think I definitely need to pick one up now. I wasn't totally sold on the all-black look at first, or a Thor without his hammer, but I've grown to love it a lot more since then.

And guess I better pick up one of those Thunder Axes too before they suddenly disappear.
I think it’s the all-black nature of the suit that somewhat puts me off too. Not sure why they didn’t design both sides of the cape red at least. Also I’m still not completely sold on the head-sculpt.

I’m gonna wait and see if we get an Endgame Thor. I have Ragnarok Thor which I love, but I’d also like the Endgame trinity.

We’ll also get a GotG3 Thor down the line.

Back