1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe he's the MCU's Michael...

michael21f-4-web.jpg

I mean, why would a practically all-powerful being need armor in the first place? That isn't to say his armor design isn't cool but man people are waaaay too concerned over what Thanos is wearing.

One of the best posts in this thread. His design is clearly to humanize him for audiences for now.

I just noticed in this secret base pic that the relaxed hand doesn’t have all of the infinity stones in it

https://www.facebook.com/hottoyssec...2879.527464027322210/1637785256290076/?type=3

Aren't the pictures from this post also from secret base?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187065&p=9728042&viewfull=1#post9728042

Looks like its just not illuminated, could be the lighting that's making it look that way but you can still pick up a little coloring in the non-lit stones.

Watching that punching gif over and over again only has me wanting this figure more :lol

Seems lately that each Marvel movie has elicited the same responses, "best marvel villain yet!", so I can already envision the same responses this time around too. Been trying to get more selective lately, especially if I have some things on pre-order and new items pop up, might end up cancelling Black Panther and just opt for Thanos.

I really like his unarmored appearance for IW.

I know some people think it’s a bit boring, but it serves multiple purpose:

1. Thanos is comfortable enough going into battle with his casual clothes because he doesn’t believe anything will really legitimately threaten him or his ambitions right now. That he’s being so casual about fighting the Avenger’s and Earth’s armed forces is very menacing in and of itself.

2. They get to save his armored appearance for later, when they feel he needs it. Be it against an actual threat or to make a statement. I’m happier not seeing everything at once.

3. It seems clear that they want to dedicate a good amount of IW to establishing Thanos’s backstory, motivations, personality, etc. The almost regular clothes serves to humanize him and make him almost relatable by appearance alone. “Okay, so he’s not just a dude that sits in a hovering rock chair all day in armor. He wears normal clothes sometimes to run errands that leads to wiping out half the universe. Cool.”

All of these points make a lot of sense. I don't have a problem with his unarmored look at all from a storytelling point of view, and it won't impact my enjoyment of the film. The PROBLEM is...

I just want a cool looking figure and to me the armoured Thanos is it.

This. I don't have space for more than one Thanos, and I want one that's best representative of his overall look in the MCU. It could be that this will be it - that IW will be amazing, that this is how we'll remember him.

OR, it could be as others have said, that he'll don the armor again, that this will be a one and done look, and I will have spent all my rewards points on a figure that I'll be trading out down the road.

So I'm a bit annoyed at the change just because it's put this conundrum in my lap lol.

I'm convinced I'll need to wait until I see the film to decide if I want to take the plunge or wait.

... and I will have spent all my rewards points on a figure that I'll be trading out down the road.

I understand this viewpoint. I'm feeling a bit the same. However I wouldn't really worry about the points. If you sell it later to get the armoured version, you're still getting the money for the points. So no real loss. Unless you can only sell him for $50 or so :lol

^ yea I wouldn't worry about the reward points, by the time this releases (sometime next year or whenever), Avengers 4 will be hitting the theaters so you should know by then if there's an armored version coming out, time will tell how this Thanos sells but keep it sealed, and I'm sure you won't have any problem selling it off and recouping your costs.

I think the armor just looks a lot better. No need to get this when you know they will make the armored version.

^ yea I wouldn't worry about the reward points, by the time this releases (sometime next year or whenever), Avengers 4 will be hitting the theaters so you should know by then if there's an armored version coming out, time will tell how this Thanos sells but keep it sealed, and I'm sure you won't have any problem selling it off and recouping your costs.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have an idea of how he'll look in Avengers 4 at the end of IW :)

You guys have a point. Even if I sell it down the road, I'll recoup *most* of that toward the new one. But I'm still waiting until the movie. Because if I hate it...and I HATED AoU, for example...then I'll feel like I got the shaft.

(Pre-emptive explantation: Avengers 1 was SO good, and Whedon (a personal fave from Firefly) was coming back for AoU, so my expectations were sky-high. The movie wasn't the worst MCU film, it's just that it didn't live up to what I expected. I think it's the same reason I like GotG2 more than the first; I went into the first with really high expectations only to feel like every joke was already in the trailers/promo videos. I went into the second one with lower expectations and not having watched as many previews, and it was amazing.)

I think the armor just looks a lot better. No need to get this when you know they will make the armored version.

That may be true, but again, what if this is the definitive Thanos movie? And this is the only one that comes with the Gauntlet, that alllllll the films have been leading up to? Could be this one *WILL* be the one to get as the best representation of the character in the MCU (not the best of the character in general, obviously).

Truthfully I wouldn't even mind 2 Thanos figures, I have 2 Star-Lords, have the diecast Mark IV on preorder to go along with XLVI, can basically have 2 separate displays with them and Thanos. I just know I really want that Gauntlet on the shelf.

I mean, why would a practically all-powerful being need armor in the first place? That isn't to say his armor design isn't cool but man people are waaaay too concerned over what Thanos is wearing.

That's a silly question to ask about a comic book character. He needs it to look awesome and not like it's casual Friday at the villain's club.

They probably won't. The armor is probably in a few small scenes. Either that or If you want Thanos with Gauntlet, you get this one, and the armored version won't have the Gauntlet.

I guess I usually assume most collectors here have the wall to wall detolfs like I've seen some people post pictures of, I always feel like I'm on the low end of figures.

Last edited:
Back