Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on. Thanks for the insight. I've never seen it in person, so I can only imagine how cool the scale of it looks once it's in front of you. I imagine it will be a long time, if ever, before HT commits to something this large with this level of engineering again, so I think I'm gonna go for it. Thanks again, Karnis!

P.S.
Hopefully Snyder's Justice League Redux reinvigorates that IP and we get a Justice Buster on screen one day. Would be cool to have two completely different HT busters side by side.

As I?m fairly new to the hobby and have just picked up the mark 43 diecast, I?m looking at grabbing a Hulkbuster Deluxe but before I take the plunge I thought I?d ask some of you guys that have been around a while if it?s likely HT will ever release a Diecast Hulkbuster?

As I?m fairly new to the hobby and have just picked up the mark 43 diecast, I?m looking at grabbing a Hulkbuster Deluxe but before I take the plunge I thought I?d ask some of you guys that have been around a while if it?s likely HT will ever release a Diecast Hulkbuster?
Highly unlikely, as the current Hulkbuster is quite heavy, so making a diecast version would mean it would be even heavier.....:horror
Not only that, the deluxe version is the 2nd time hot toys have released the AOU Hulkbuster, so i don't think they'll be making it for a 3rd time......:)

I wouldn’t put it past them. The reissue was due to the rising value in the secondary when Hulkbusters were going for up to $1,300+. So HT added a jackhammer arm, increased the price by $300, and reissued the figure which I think has sold pretty well. If in a few years secondary prices start climbing to around $1,500 again, it would demonstrate that there is still interest in the armor. So I could see them releasing a $1,499 diecast version with some design tweaks. As with other reissues, new collectors or those who missed out would hop on the improved version, and a percentage of existing owners would want to upgrade. I don’t know what their profit margin is on these or how many they typically sell, but figuring a $1,499 price point, if they sold 700 that would be over $1 million in sales. I ended up with two of the original HB releases. I had picked up one from BBTS and a week after it arrived my SS waitlist converted. I'll eventually have one of them customized into a War Machine “Warbuster” concept armor. I still haven’t gotten the jackhammer accessory pack as it’s not a big priority for me. However, if HT does eventually produce a diecast Hulkbuster I would sell one of mine and upgrade. I prefer the extra heft of diecast and I’m sure HT would add some additional bells and whistles.

It has a metal frame already to support of the weight of the figure. I don’t think it’s going to be rereleased as a “diecast” version. I was exclusively a “die cast” Iron Man collector and passed on this initially because EWWWWW PLASTIC. I was an idiot. If you can, pick this up before it sells out and you have to pay double on the aftermarket.

Thanks guys for the replies and info, decided screw it and ordered a Hulkbuster deluxe earlier today, wouldn’t mind s diecast Monger though with non cracking leg joints.

Ya....don?t hold your breath on a die cast version....I?m the guy who said they will never reissue and a day later they reissued it....lolololol. And now I ended up with an original HB and a Deluxe HB. Also got extra jackhammer so I can pose both of them beating down Hulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? the thing weighs a ton already because it has the most metal of any Iron man figure. Diecast figures are still 80% (give or take) plastic so it would not improve anything it would just add a little weight and they would raise the price $200 to $300.

Why? the thing weighs a ton already because it has the most metal of any Iron man figure. Diecast figures are still 80% (give or take) plastic so it would not improve anything it would just add a little weight and they would raise the price $200 to $300.

True and I agree but still why not? There’s always a market for an upgraded/touched up product. I’ve also always kinda preferred diecast versions of everything I’ve ever collected just a personal preference and when I started collecting last year diecast was all that was in stock most places so I’ve got a liking for them, but like
I said above I have ordered a Hulkbuster deluxe and I know I’ll be perfectly happily with it from all the images and videos I’ve seen it’s truly stunning and the paint apps get high praise, wouldn’t say no to a diecast MK1 or Monger though.

True and I agree but still why not? There’s always a market for an upgraded/touched up product. I’ve also always kinda preferred diecast versions of everything I’ve ever collected just a personal preference and when I started collecting last year diecast was all that was in stock most places so I’ve got a liking for them, but like
I said above I have ordered a Hulkbuster deluxe and I know I’ll be perfectly happily with it from all the images and videos I’ve seen it’s truly stunning and the paint apps get high praise, wouldn’t say no to a diecast MK1 or Monger though.

Because they'd rather sell something they don't have to spend any more money on developing. Reissues and repaints = more profit on an already sunk design cost (and the cost of Hulkbuster was huge considering how much they redesigned/ruined it and delayed it over and over)

Upgraded is one thing but adding weight just to add weight is something different. If these HT figures were TRUE diecast figures and not basically plastic figures with heavier legs i might feel different. SSC had me destroyed a HT War Machine figure that had issues to get a replacement. I laughed at how little diecast was in it.

I have other non HT figures that are true diecast from top to bottom and they are great. I have every single diecast War Machine and Iron Man figure Hot Toys has made and 7 out of my top favorites are still the older all plastic ones. I love them all but some of the HPP designs and special release are amazing in hand.

Hulkbuster is a awesome piece and you will love it. Once you handle it you will be happy it's not any heavier lol.

I ended up caving and ordered this guy, payment plan will be paid off in June. I hope I won't regret it haha. By all accounts he seems too good to miss out on. Only negative is that I will have to wait on Iron Man Mark 85, Iron Patriot, Battle Damaged Thanos, and the two Captain Americas from Endgame. Although I'm sure they will still be available later on in the year.

I ended up caving and ordered this guy, payment plan will be paid off in June. I hope I won't regret it haha. By all accounts he seems too good to miss out on. Only negative is that I will have to wait on Iron Man Mark 85, Iron Patriot, Battle Damaged Thanos, and the two Captain Americas from Endgame. Although I'm sure they will still be available later on in the year.

I can't imagine anyone regretting having this in their collection. It's an engineering masterpiece. Congrats!

Have there been any comparisons between this Hulkbuster and the original one? Any differences in the paint?
I think the only difference between the 2 is that the deluxe version has more accessories, other than that, they're pretty much both the same.......:)

Does anyone who has this be able to take pics of the Veronica accessory on it's display stand, next to an Iron Man figure, to get a idea of the size of Veronica and the display stand? Cheers! :)

Spare arm works great as an accessory for other figures!

533c89ccc78ba545b499b08cbb36d629.jpg

e2937fa6d7eb576921b6b21abc153eff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back