Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I mean I purchase from PCZ pretty regularly and Rob (the owner) is a stand-up guy from the conversations I've had with him, so doing the right thing was a no-brainer. Also let's be honest here, what the heck am I gonna do with 2 jackhammer arms...hmm, now that I'm thinking about it I suppose I could give HB double jack handies... :lol :rotfl

Haha that is a great recommendation, however the Jackhammer accessory I received was destined for another customer. So it'd be poor form for me to open up someone else's purchase. But I get what you're saying though!

Imagine it's your arm that I received? In which case, sure I'll open it up and do a lil comparison! :lol

:lol

Give me a little more credit than that!! I meant open your box and check out your jackhammer arm; if there was a defect, contact Rob about how he'd want to handle it. In that scenario he'd be saving on shipping you another arm. His other customer would potentially have to wait a bit longer, but it wouldn't be because you did anything shady.

Edit: On second thought, hang onto it until I open mine. If it's defective, we can swap them and you can return mine to Rob! :rotfl

Give me a little more credit than that!! I meant open your box and check out your jackhammer arm; if there was a defect, contact Rob about how he'd want to handle it. In that scenario he'd be saving on shipping you another arm. His other customer would potentially have to wait a bit longer, but it wouldn't be because you did anything shady.

Edit: On second thought, hang onto it until I open mine. If it's defective, we can swap them and you can return mine to Rob! :rotfl

You mad sketch Buff! :nana: :lol

You mad sketch Buff! :nana: :lol

OK, after our previous exchange I think you'll enjoy my recent trials and tribulations...

My HB arm was supposed to arrive from AE yesterday, and sure enough when I checked my phone after dinner I saw that UPS had delivered it to my front porch about 10 minutes earlier. The only problem: It wasn't there, nor was it anywhere else around the house. Thinking it might have been delivered to a neighboring house by mistake, I took a quick stroll around the subdivision but alas, I didn't see any packages. It seemed unlikely that anyone walked off with it, but after a few hours I was resigned to my fate and messaged Marc at AE and asked him to initiate a claim with UPS. Needless to say, I wasn't in the best of moods when I turned in for the night, :mad: and I was prepping myself for a few "karma's a *****" comments here. :lol

Fast forward to this morning. I was still waiting to hear back from AE when from my upstairs bedroom window I noticed an elderly woman (yes, even older than ME) in a Cadillac SUV pull into my driveway. She gets out of her car, opens the back door, pulls out a large box and shuffles up the driveway with it in tow. Sure enough, when I go down to investigate I find my jackhammer arm package leaning against the side of my garage and the lady is already pulling away. I have no idea who she is nor where she lives (doesn't live in my sub) but regardless, my best guess is the UPS driver accidentally included my box when making her delivery. Anyway, I'm grateful she went out of her way to drop it off, & I was able to alert Marc before he wasted any time with UPS.

OK, after our previous exchange I think you'll enjoy my recent trials and tribulations...

My HB arm was supposed to arrive from AE yesterday, and sure enough when I checked my phone after dinner I saw that UPS had delivered it to my front porch about 10 minutes earlier. The only problem: It wasn't there, nor was it anywhere else around the house. Thinking it might have been delivered to a neighboring house by mistake, I took a quick stroll around the subdivision but alas, I didn't see any packages. It seemed unlikely that anyone walked off with it, but after a few hours I was resigned to my fate and messaged Marc at AE and asked him to initiate a claim with UPS. Needless to say, I wasn't in the best of moods when I turned in for the night, :mad: and I was prepping myself for a few "karma's a *****" comments here. :lol

Fast forward to this morning. I was still waiting to hear back from AE when from my upstairs bedroom window I noticed an elderly woman (yes, even older than ME) in a Cadillac SUV pull into my driveway. She gets out of her car, opens the back door, pulls out a large box and shuffles up the driveway with it in tow. Sure enough, when I go down to investigate I find my jackhammer arm package leaning against the side of my garage and the lady is already pulling away. I have no idea who she is nor where she lives (doesn't live in my sub) but regardless, my best guess is the UPS driver accidentally included my box when making her delivery. Anyway, I'm grateful she went out of her way to drop it off, & I was able to alert Marc before he wasted any time with UPS.

LOL! :rotfl I'm telling you man...karma is real, which is why when it comes to high ticket items such as HT you should do the right thing! You never know what the karma gods have planned for you. Thanks for the story though. I got a real kick out of it and glad you received it!

Although, I kinda interpreted the actions of the old lady differently...I was under the impression that she was a porch pirate and took your Jack handy arm, opened it up, realized it was a useless toy, and decided to just return it. Was there any sign of tampering?

Either way, glad you finally have the package safely in your possession! Enjoy the jacking arm! :lol

I'm imagining her opening it up and trying to figure out what it is. We all take it for granted, but what would someone who's never seen an Avengers movie or the Hulkbuster think of just that single jackhammer arm? Aside from the perverse stuff that gmoney already mentioned! :rotfl

LOL! :rotfl I'm telling you man...karma is real, which is why when it comes to high ticket items such as HT you should do the right thing! You never know what the karma gods have planned for you. Thanks for the story though. I got a real kick out of it and glad you received it!

Although, I kinda interpreted the actions of the old lady differently...I was under the impression that she was a porch pirate and took your Jack handy arm, opened it up, realized it was a useless toy, and decided to just return it. Was there any sign of tampering?

Either way, glad you finally have the package safely in your possession! Enjoy the jacking arm! :lol

I'm imagining her opening it up and trying to figure out what it is. We all take it for granted, but what would someone who's never seen an Avengers movie or the Hulkbuster think of just that single jackhammer arm? Aside from the perverse stuff that gmoney already mentioned! :rotfl

It was still sealed up completely - no signs of tampering whatsoever. Plus given her lack of foot speed I don't think porch piracy is a viable career field. Then again, maybe that very unlikelihood is what she's counting on to divert suspicion. :lol

It was still sealed up completely - no signs of tampering whatsoever. Plus given her lack of foot speed I don't think porch piracy is a viable career field. Then again, maybe that very unlikelihood is what she's counting on to divert suspicion. :lol

The perfect alibi...who would suspect a sweet, slow, old, innocent granny...trying to score free jack handies...

So have you gotten a chance to installing the accessory though?! Pics please!

What an absolute nightmare. I guess I?m just stupid but I had such a hard time installing the Mark 43 bust and getting everything to attach and close correctly to where the head could move down correctly. Of course moving ball joints being the worst possible way to secure parts of a $1,000 action figure is always frustrating. I?m not even going to attempt the batteries after spending close to 30 minutes doing that and trying to get the arm armor on.

He?s amazing though.

image.jpg

The perfect alibi...who would suspect a sweet, slow, old, innocent granny...trying to score free jack handies...

So have you gotten a chance to installing the accessory though?! Pics please!

While the package wasn't tampered with, I suppose she could have looked up the specs online and upon discovering it didn't vibrate like an actual jackhammer, decided it didn't fulfill her "needs". :horror

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to put it on my HB - maybe sometime this weekend. I also need to rethink my display grouping around him, but that's not a showstopper.

What an absolute nightmare. I guess I?m just stupid but I had such a hard time installing the Mark 43 bust and getting everything to attach and close correctly to where the head could move down correctly. Of course moving ball joints being the worst possible way to secure parts of a $1,000 action figure is always frustrating. I?m not even going to attempt the batteries after spending close to 30 minutes doing that and trying to get the arm armor on.

He?s amazing though.

No, you're not - I distinctly recall it taking quite a while to get everything aligned properly for that helmet. I also recall the chest armor clasp becoming unhooked if you looked at it the wrong way. :lol

Congrats on your purchase!

While the package wasn't tampered with, I suppose she could have looked up the specs online and upon discovering it didn't vibrate like an actual jackhammer, decided it didn't fulfill her "needs". :horror

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to put it on my HB - maybe sometime this weekend. I also need to rethink my display grouping around him, but that's not a showstopper.

Lmaoooo!!! :rotfl

There's always the next package she could pirate I guess...fingers crossed she finds a keeper! :lol

I’m glad I bought this version of the figure. I like how it all comes together with the arm in the same box. If I had bought the first version I do not know what I would do with the extra arm or where I would put it.

He?s amazing though.

Try getting the Avengers Bruce Banner fully clothed in it! I finally figured out that in order to close the head WITH Banner inside, I just had to pull the chest plate out halfway to where the head ball joint piece would slip past it and then put the chest plate back. Trying to get the helmet up or down without that little adjustment was impossible. I've been switching between Banner poking his head out ala Infinity War and standard Hulkbuster look about once a week since I got this. I'm also considering putting Boba Fett in there for no reason whatsoever! :)

Try getting the Avengers Bruce Banner fully clothed in it! I finally figured out that in order to close the head WITH Banner inside, I just had to pull the chest plate out halfway to where the head ball joint piece would slip past it and then put the chest plate back. Trying to get the helmet up or down without that little adjustment was impossible. I've been switching between Banner poking his head out ala Infinity War and standard Hulkbuster look about once a week since I got this. I'm also considering putting Boba Fett in there for no reason whatsoever! :)

A Hulkbuster that doubles as a Sarlacc Pit. I like it!

Man that sounds intense. After I tire of the normal look I think I’ll do the Mark 43 popping out look, but I couldn’t imagine trying to put those leg condoms on and putting the whole figure in there. From what I gather, that’s why the chest and leg articulation is so limited, to fit the figure. Why you’d want to hide a $350 figure when a bust is included I’ll never understand.

Man that sounds intense. After I tire of the normal look I think I’ll do the Mark 43 popping out look, but I couldn’t imagine trying to put those leg condoms on and putting the whole figure in there. From what I gather, that’s why the chest and leg articulation is so limited, to fit the figure. Why you’d want to hide a $350 figure when a bust is included I’ll never understand.

Yeah, if I were to have an Iron Man inside, I'd have the popping out look as well. The Banner figure was always "meh" for me anyway... so I effectively opened up a shelf spot by stuffing him in the buster :)

Back