Hot Toys Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the sculpt might work better on the regular figure. Might swap out the original sculpt on this Trooper release and put the new one on the regular version. The new base is cool, I'd almost buy a couple extras. Hopefully it's not really limited to 200 or it's going to be a pain to get.

For me, it was really easy. I have the Stormtrooper ANH 2-pack and I basically used the taller Stormtrooper, removed the trooper head, then the black ring around the neck peg and then put on ANH Han Solo head sculpt. I did the same thing to the shorter trooper for Luke (the shorter trooper does not have the black ring around the neck peg). They look great for me :wink1: It's nice to be able to switch between them being just Stormtroopers or Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise.

Awesome!

I have 2 of the tall Hot Toys ANH Stormtroopers and am thinking of just buying a Han Solo headsculpt and putting it on one of those Stormtroopers.

Does anyone know about these Model Toys headsculpts that are on eBay at the moment?

Are they any good?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-6-Sca...597416?hash=item237fa863e8:g:ob4AAOSwol5YwNAh

Awesome!

I have 2 of the tall Hot Toys ANH Stormtroopers and am thinking of just buying a Han Solo headsculpt and putting it on one of those Stormtroopers.

Does anyone know about these Model Toys headsculpts that are on eBay at the moment?

Are they any good?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-6-Sca...597416?hash=item237fa863e8:g:ob4AAOSwol5YwNAh

Nice. Then all you need to do when you get the Solo ANH sculpt (if you use that one), is to remove the neck peg if the Solo sculpt comes with one. I'm not big into mods but this was one that was simple and fun to do (for me). Good luck!

Considering the inclusion of the illuminated base and the limited run, it would seem that they could've spent more effort on the sculpt, especially after the delays in releasing the first HT Han (due to likeness). Carrying the expression throughout the face would've..... ah well....it's out and nothing we can do about it.. If I get lucky and secure one I'll get rid the headsculpt. I wouldn't mind another ANH trooper,

Eh...easy pass for me as I don't really care enough about Troopers or Han or Luke AS Troopers to buy these. Honestly, is anybody else wanting to move onto empire figures? I mean, other than Tarkin, what else is there from a new hope we really need? I'm ready for Bespin versions, Lando, etc.

Don't think this will be limited, but I may use you my points on it when it goes up on SS just to be safe, their Finn Stormtrooper sold out in 2 days if I recall correctly, so who knows with them.

That finn was gone in a couple hours, glad to have grabbed it. I won't be wasting any time with this either.

If you look at the chest armour, it's slightly tweaked the way it was on the Luke-Trooper. Comes up a little higher than the original ANH stormies.

If you look at the chest armour, it's slightly tweaked the way it was on the Luke-Trooper. Comes up a little higher than the original ANH stormies.

Still looks longer than the Luke one but certainly is having that effect, making the torso look a bit longer. There's a wonkiness to the armor in some of the shots. Like the thigh armor looks a bit weird here, can really see the underlying body jutting out in it.

attachment.php

Anyone know how much this will cost ?

If this is the only Star Wars Celebration "Exclusive" I'll be pretty p#ssed.

Regardless, I bet more casual/ new fans would recognize the Stormie Han over the Stormie Luke.
I love how we have projected our Tom Cruise criticisms onto this new arrival.

On a positive note: Imagine 3 of those ultra cool back drops all together: with Chewie in cuffs in the center being lead by these two heroes in disguise?
Cool display or what?

Wow. I have to wonder what reference pics they even used for that, as it doesn't seem to capture the shape of Ford's mouth or smirk in the slightest. His mouth has a very distinct wave shape to it, but once again they've made it completely straight... only now angled up way too high in a really unnatural way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back