Hot Toys & Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

Ebay is giving the buyer a full refund once he ships the figure back. What is the point of putting as/is no refunds or returns in my auctions if ebay just ignores it?. Now i have another buyer claiming his t-1000 sarah connor figure has a broken shoulder, marks on her face, hair different lengths and the shotgun was missing. He wants $80 back on a figure he paid $127.50 for or a full refund on an auction that he won april 10th. If ebay finds in favor of this buyer 45 days after the auction end date, i'm gonna be pissed. F ebay and paypal.

Here is a pic of the figure i sold.

de36s9.jpg
[/IMG]

Ebay/paypal is really taking the piss!!! Buyer alway win I would think best way to do this...follow this
1.Unpack item from box
2. Print address label Ready and shipping box
3. start video (moblie phone will do ) everything item/figure all joint arms/ legs etc and pack in box and stick on address label etc
4. Don't tell buyer

If buyer try claim from paypal... I send a copy proof of video to a buyer so buyer can't report to pay pal!!! We will win :yess:

Hope this help..

Put in a disclaimer:
Old TT knee joints are prone to break (anytime).

I received a Abe Sapien with a disintegrated knee too, did not ask for a refund and rebuild the knee myself and blame HT instead of the seller.

Wah? Godfather knees break?? Now I'll have to be extra careful... only posed once to get him to sit... now I'm afraid of touching it.

Always ship insured. I know everything I ship is 100% mint, so I always insure it. If anybody claims this or that is broken, we'll just have to go through the insurance process.

Always ship insured. I know everything I ship is 100% mint, so I always insure it. If anybody claims this or that is broken, we'll just have to go through the insurance process.

that's what I do aswell.. and bumping the insurance up to match the price doesnt cost that much more. Plus it really helps in the long run in cases like this

The way that figures are packaged in the display boxes - I'm highly doubtful that the figure secured inside can sustain a broken part without there being extremely noticeable damage to both the display box and the outer shipping box.

A box would have to be crushed down the center to have the figure sustain a broken knee joint. And if the shipping box has that significant amount of damage - as a buyer I wouldn't even open the thing.

Maybe you can ask the buyer to send you a pic of the display and shipping box. If those don't show significant damage - call BS on them.

I had the same problem a while ago when I sold my Hot Toys Batman, the figure was almost brand new and I shipped it in a double box with protection. The buyer got it and said the knee was broken and wanted a partial refund. So becareful, I think all scammers are catching on.

Update:

Ebay is giving the buyer a full refund once he ships the figure back. What is the point of putting as/is no refunds or returns in my auctions if ebay just ignores it?. Now i have another buyer claiming his t-1000 sarah connor figure has a broken shoulder, marks on her face, hair different lengths and the shotgun was missing. He wants $80 back on a figure he paid $127.50 for or a full refund on an auction that he won april 10th. If ebay finds in favor of this buyer 45 days after the auction end date, i'm gonna be pissed. F ebay and paypal.

Here is a pic of the figure i sold.

de36s9.jpg
[/IMG]

I feel your pain. Ebay and Paypal seem ENTIRELY on the buyer side. Yes- you put NO REFUND and SOLD AS IS but if he files a claim as NOT DESCRIBED you are SCREWED. Period. I sell stuff on there and 98% of buyers are honest and good. It's the rest who will screw you and usually it is for a bigger ticket item. Try getting Ebay to help- they do not! I am beside myself with them. I have NO other outlet to sell to reach so many people. Good luck buddy, I know what you are saying!:wave

I gave up on selling anything to anyone, especially ebay.

People are just either nuts with their level of OCD or just plain lie. (I hope the last ones burn in hell :devil:)
I really mean it. (F@#ing Cheap bastards.)

Here are there user id's:

rcdan1 - purchased my joker v.1 figure.

collectors_stash - purchased my t-1000 as sarah connor.

I'm a collector and take exceptional care of my figures as i'm sure all of you do, who would not take care of them for the prices we pay. I don't know if any of you have dealt with these 2 buyers or not but beware. here is my feedback page if you want to see what i have sold.
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=skinwalker66676&ftab=AllFeedback

Also here is a pic of the joker i sold that rcdan1 said had a broken knee when he received it.
znn3uu.jpg

Just got this from ebay:

Hi skinwalker66676,
We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. After reviewing the case, we made a final decision in the buyer's favor.
Details:
Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

1/6 Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 As Sarah Connor MINT
1/6 Hot Toys Terminator T-1000 As Sarah Connor MINT
Item # : 120708987195
Sale price: $127.50
Quantity: 1
Sale date: Apr-10-11 12:17:53 PDT
Buyer: collectors_stash
Case #: 5009222193
Case opened: May-20-11 14:05:39 PDT

F'n ebay. Over a month after the auction was over, they give the guys his money back. I'm so pissed off right now. Ebay does not protect sellers at all anymore. Next they will be giving refunds after 12 months have went by. GRRRRRR.

Also received this message from them just now:

Dear Jason,

Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to the Hot Toys Terminator (item # 120708987195) that you recently sold to buyer "collectors_stash". I understand that your buyer opened a case on the Resolution Center claiming that the item received was broken and has missing piece. I apologize that your transaction didn't go smoothly as you expected. I want you to know we are here to make sure this case is resolved as quickly as possible.

First of all, please accept my sincere apology for not being able to respond to your email sooner. We have been experiencing a higher than anticipated volume of emails at this time and we are working diligently to respond to every member with the quality they deserve.

Mocving forward, I've personally reviewed the details of your case and I gathered that you have responded to the claim informing that the item was complete and not damaged before it was shipped. However, please be informed that as we have never seen the actual item, it is difficult for us to determine exactly what condition it was sent or received in. For this reason, we have concluded that the best course of action is to get both parties involved as closely back to square one as possible. To do this we will have your customer send the item back to you for a full refund eventhough you mentioned that you don't accept returns. I hope that this does not come across incorrectly. We don't feel that your intentions were deceitful. I would like to reiterate that we have come to this decision because it is the fairest outcome for both you and your customer.

Once we have delivery confirmation that you've received the returned item, eBay will refund the buyer the cost of the item plus original shipping on your behalf. We'll seek reimbursement from your PayPal account or other reimbursement payment method on file. You will get your item back (and can relist it), and your customer will get their money back.

In this case, if the buyer fails to return the item to you 10 days after the date we have asked them to, we will be closing this case and you will no longer need to refund the buyer. If in case you have received the item and it is not on the same condition as you have sent it, you will have the option to appeal to this case.

To help you avoid a similar situation in the future, here are ways to avoid complaints that an item doesn't match the listing description:
-- Use a clear, complete, descriptive title.
-- Include the brand or artist, product name, and size in the description.
-- Imagine you're the buyer, and try to anticipate questions or concerns the buyer may have.
-- Consider the words you'd use to search for your item.

If you would like, you can check the status of the case by going to the Resolution Center:
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

In summary, we recommend you to contact us if in case the buyer have not returned the item within 10 days or wait for the item to arrive. We also advise you to list the item as accurately as possible to avoid situations like this in the future.

Jason, I'd also like to thank you for being such a dedicated seller and valuable member of the eBay community for more than a year now and sold 65 items for the past 12 months. We truly appreciate your cooperation and willingness to resolve this issue and I look forward to assisting you with your many future eBay transactions.

Thank you for choosing eBay!

Sincerely,
Clarice A.

eBay Customer Support

The way that figures are packaged in the display boxes - I'm highly doubtful that the figure secured inside can sustain a broken part without there being extremely noticeable damage to both the display box and the outer shipping box.

A box would have to be crushed down the center to have the figure sustain a broken knee joint. And if the shipping box has that significant amount of damage - as a buyer I wouldn't even open the thing.

Maybe you can ask the buyer to send you a pic of the display and shipping box. If those don't show significant damage - call BS on them.

Unless the internal item was damaged due to UPS guys practicing the dim mak while they're dropping off packages.

[ame="https://youtu.be/dPQWPhRzOLs"]302 Found[/ame]

Back