Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my first attempt went badly and the paint pigment dried in weird patterns so I ended up having to go a little over the top with this attempt. I have a spare set, so if I change my mind and suddenly want a lighter jump suit I'll use that one.

Not that difficult to construct a wireless version. As long as you know what "wireless" means in this case you'll be happy. It means that there will be no wire going to the saber, but there will alway be a wire going to the figure or the stand. You will need to wire the internals of your figure and create two electrified points on his hand to mate with two contacts that you will create on the saber. It's briefly discussed in the how-to cathode thread.

You're not going to power a cathode from button cells. But you can probably do a similar hack with EL wire which will work from small batteries for a long time.

Some of the modded Luke on this thread is awesome! Attempting to mod an extra one, selling the BD version if anyone is interested.

Can't believe this guy is still in stock with Sideshow, just managed to pick him up with $25 off with the new IRONMAN money off code :D

Wow they let you with free shipping? Yea I think HT made a ton of these. BBTS still has over 100 in stock.

Can't believe this guy is still in stock with Sideshow, just managed to pick him up with $25 off with the new IRONMAN money off code :D

You had better make sure that the discount is properly applied on all your confirmation emails and before the item ships. Their "fine print" for free shipping promotions and the current coupon code, indicate that they cannot be used together and even if the shopping cart allows it, they can remove it.

That's one of the reasons I bought my DX07 from BBTS. :) I'd probably order something right now using the new coupon code, but the one thing I'm most interested in already has free shipping - it also has a price higher than I'd like at the moment, so it's probably no sale.

I don't get free shipping because I'm in the UK so I don't have any problems with the discount codes...... well I haven't so far anyway but I will keep an eye on it just in case :)

All the places I've tried in the UK have sold out so I assumed SSC had as well, needless to say I'm a very happy bunny right now! :rock

Hey kind folks.... I need some advice on the gripping hands... my buddy and I went in together for the Luke and split the figures - he got the clean version and I got the BD version. But he also managed to swindle me out of both the gripping hands so all my Luke can do ATM is wave at my Vader :(

My question is are there any other HT figures that have gripping hands that I can use as a substitute; i.e Thor, or are the set of hands that came with Luke unique to the figure?

Thanks!

Wow they let you with free shipping? Yea I think HT made a ton of these. BBTS still has over 100 in stock.

Really??? :horror Can I ask how you found this out. The reason I ask is, if thats the case then you can bet at somepoint these will go on discount from them. They cannot afford to sit on 100 of these for long.:hi5:

I bought the Sideshow Exclusive version the other day on Ebay for $315 shipped. Supposedly brand new, never displayed. It arrived today, so I'll check it out tonight. I was on the Sideshow waitlist for it, but they canceled it cuz they couldn't fulfill it. :(

Really??? :horror Can I ask how you found this out. The reason I ask is, if thats the case then you can bet at somepoint these will go on discount from them. They cannot afford to sit on 100 of these for long.:hi5:
Just put a number like 500 into your cart and it'll update to what's actually available.

I bought the Sideshow Exclusive version the other day on Ebay for $315 shipped. Supposedly brand new, never displayed...(
So funny how cheap the EX goes. Think most of us didn't expect it to skyrocket, but figured it'd be worth a bit more, by now. Congrats, though. It is a nice set.

If they can hold them until 2015 there might be a price bump with renewed interest in the franchise thanks to the next movie. ;)

Do you guys think $100 for the EX Vader Helmet is okay? It hurts just thinking about it but I missed out and thats the cheapest I could find it for.

I could swear I've seen it go for $50 before. Just can't recall where - maybe forum, maybe eBay. "fair" doesn't compute unfortunately. It's insanely pricy for a packed-in extra when compared against the price of the original package, so it's really all about how badly you want it and how much you personally value that piece. Take another good look around before dropping the money though, just in case.

Yeah I tried to refrain from using fair but I wanted someone else's biased opinion, even if it's "Hell no!"

I feel like it should be cheaper so I'm going to wait for my cathode saber before I drop more $ on it. Every one of my guys has a little something on their stand (Grumpy Mask, Mark V briefcase, etc) so I just wanted to keep it going.

Thanks for the responses !

Back