Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard Lucas wanted to call him Uke in the first place. Then when he started writing the story he figured it would be fitting to add an L and just call him Luke since his last name is Lucas.

Has in stock Luke sold out at Sideshow until the next shipment? I see it says Pre-Order now?

EDIT: just called and YES they are out of stock until the next boat comes in, which at this time they are not certain when that will be due to Thanksgiving. However, the Iron Monger is expected in the warehouse on Nov 20th so one may assume that more Lukes will come along with the Monger shipment.

Thanks; looks like I am waiting for that next wave. If that means little fixes from batch one, then I am happy to wait

Quick question for the guys that have done the acrylic bath on bd Luke: can you use any cheap acrylic or does it need to be one of the good ones like tamiya or whatever?

I haven't yet, but being a painter, in the past I've used decent or better paint.. Not crap, but I wouldn't say it has I be the best. Keep in mind it's a nice high end figure, in general you want to avoid shortcuts and discounts but in this area I think a good eye for the weathering (how much and when to stop), patience and working in layers will be more important than the acrylic you use. Good luck

I had two other figures arrive along with Luke this last Friday, so (in true Skimeister fashion) I've yet to unbox him...looking forward to doing so tonight! :yess:

This is one of my favorite HT's figures. Jack Sparrow is my favorite. This is a close second. For years I have dreamed of getting Star Wars figures like this.

attachment.php
This how my little card insert came...still waiting for SideShow to respond to my email.

I got an "Uke Skywalker" as well.
Thought maybe I was the only one.

Back