Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the magnets and the metal plates fell off? That's common. But for a rare earth magnet to lose its magnetism is not.

I have no idea what you man by "rugby" (that's a sport), but you can use Cyanoacrylate glue (super glue) to reattach the magnets and metal plates.

Ooops sorry about that. i think rugby is just a local term we use here in the philippines to call that kind of contact cement :lol
DSC_2953-edit.jpg

Yeah the magnets/metal plates on the headsculpts fell of by itself and the mini magnets on the holsters deteriorated into magnetic dust hahaha..

ANyways, thanks for the reply pixel. ill try that :D

You can buy replacement magnets online easily as well. You can search for "neodymium discs" of suitable diameter - like 1.5mm(? I'm guessing) for the holster.

That red stuff looks like Gatorade - wtf? :lol

Wow - you call glue 'rugby' over there? It sounded like you were suggesting crash tackling those magnets into submission for a sec there Mazukou.

hahaha... sniffing this thing can be really addicting and some drug addics are known here to sniff this stuff just for pleasure. hardware stores here think twice before selling this specially to young streetschildren cause its really cheap and some have been known in using this as an drug alternative. search about rugby boys in manila if you wanna know more.. it has been a big local issue here since i was a kid... anyways getting back on the topic. haha ill go check on the hobby craft stores tomorrow if i can find myself some of these magnets.. thanks guys :lol

Picked up and EX of one of these from a board member recently for $380. I had the same issue with the magnets. Both holsters lost their magnets, both lightsaber belt hooks were off and the magnets in the head were unglued. Found all them in the box and got them reattached, except the head magnets...they do not wanna stay glued, so I'm gonna try another adhesive. One holster magnet was starting to deteriorate, which was surprising. First time I ever saw that.

Should've got this figure way sooner.

I was in the market for another one of these, but with all the new figures coming out (Luke Hoth), I'll save room for those.

The magnets are crap and the glue that they used is crap which is about my only complaint with my luke. I ended just getting some new rare earth magnets and used a super glue and haven't had a problem since.

My battle damaged Luke had the right shoulder pocket flap sitting in the tray when I opened it up.

I'm not sure how to reattach it now - I can't sew, & glue won't be the right fix really.

My battle damaged Luke had the right shoulder pocket flap sitting in the tray when I opened it up.

I'm not sure how to reattach it now - I can't sew, & glue won't be the right fix really.

You may be able to take fabric glue or a gap filler glue like zap gap c++ and work it a little bit between two toothpicks to thicken it up a bit then aplie to the fabric and press the pocket down gently and let dry. I no way endorse this sollution on untested HT figures fabrics though because I have only ever used it on cheaper materials for customs or 28mm. Test it or find a better way :lol.

If the fabric glue for some reason don't work, another set of clothes must be cheap to get anyway considering how many people have bought several Lukes to use with other clothes.

Back