Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick question folks:

Does the Cloud City anennae dio come with batteries or not?

I'm only asking, because I've not unpacked it yet, & if it does I probably should give it a quick test then remove the batteries.

hey guys, just needed some quick info,...i just received my HT Bespin Luke the other day, and noticed the paint was off the nose of the non battle damaged luke head sculpt. anyways i contacted sideshow and sent them the pictures and they said to give them 3-5 business to get back to me with a solution....anyways i've never dealt with a HT product problem before, but what's the protocol for that..are they going to tell me to return the entire thing for a replacement or would they just ask me to send back the damaged piece and just send me out a new head sculpt? thanks.

hey guys, just needed some quick info,...i just received my HT Bespin Luke the other day, and noticed the paint was off the nose of the non battle damaged luke head sculpt. anyways i contacted sideshow and sent them the pictures and they said to give them 3-5 business to get back to me with a solution....anyways i've never dealt with a HT product problem before, but what's the protocol for that..are they going to tell me to return the entire thing for a replacement or would they just ask me to send back the damaged piece and just send me out a new head sculpt? thanks.

They'll usually send you a replacement piece and ask you to destroy the damaged one. They'll ask for proof (pics) that it was destroyed otherwise they state they'll charge you for the replacement item. To date I haven't been charged for a replacement item. That may change now with this post :slap

Asking you to destroy the original damaged item is asinine. If they don't want it back for QC analysis, refurbishment or scratch and dent resale, it really shouldn't matter what you do with it. This strikes me as yet another out of this world (out of their minds) Sideshow policy, sort of like every single other policy of theirs with regards to web sales and discounts.

Have you ever heard of another shop where gift cards are only applicable to certain items? That when you use any type of promotional discount no matter how small you forgo collecting any points, can't use any discounts on items that already ship for free, etc. It's a rat's nest of fine print - all the time.

Agreed. The one thing I wish they would change is not getting reward points when using any promotional discount. This really sucks! At least give us 50% of the rewards or something. Damn things are expensive enough!

Why not full rewards for the money we actually spent? Their fine print makes it seem like you're getting the purchase for free. Simply basing points on the dollar value after discounts and before shipping would be the fair thing to do.

I've shopped online since the mid nineties and I was completely floored by SS's quantity of fine print and exclusions. Never have I seen anything like it anywhere else. I've also never shopped anywhere that tried to validate my address and tell me it was wrong. It was very frustrating getting the first order in to their system - thankfully everything is now saved and any subsequent orders re-use all the existing information.

ok, so I won't have to send the whole package back? I've kept the whole thing in box still cause I wasn't sure if I was gonna have to send it back and didn't want to take it all out then put it all back to resend. but if that's true what you said about just destroying the damaged part then I guess I can just display what I have now....good to know fellas. thanks

I'd wait on that unpacking until I heard back from Sideshow if I were you...just in case you end up with one of those "exceptions" where they do want the whole set back....re-packing all of that doesn't sound like fun...

One of the things I'm scared about ordering from SSC is getting something
somebody else already returned. :(

There might be some QC issue I haven't noticed, but someone else had.

I think them asking people to destroy the defective piece prevents fraudulent
QC claims.

this... just seemed appropriate somehow.

tumblr_mkalmqMAbI1s5rsdao1_400.gif

Asking you to destroy the original damaged item is asinine. If they don't want it back for QC analysis, refurbishment or scratch and dent resale, it really shouldn't matter what you do with it. This strikes me as yet another out of this world (out of their minds) Sideshow policy, sort of like every single other policy of theirs with regards to web sales and discounts.

Have you ever heard of another shop where gift cards are only applicable to certain items? That when you use any type of promotional discount no matter how small you forgo collecting any points, can't use any discounts on items that already ship for free, etc. It's a rat's nest of fine print - all the time.

They ask you to destroy the defective part so it dosent end up on ebay for profit. I think its very reasonable since they usually send you a replacement part rather quickly. In 8 years and over 100 purchases, i have never had a problem with thier customer service. You will do well by them.

still haven't heard back from SSC yet regarding the damaged luke head. so my box is still sitting on my table since last Thursday and I still can't open it cause i'm waiting for them to respond if I should send the whole box back or just wait for my replacement and destroy the damaged head. really sucks this waiting and having it sit there like that and not being able to play with it.

Back