Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I definitely like the smilies over on the TD board more than the Freaks board's selection, so I'm inclined to believe them. They sort of capture the drama of this better.

7.gif
45.gif
34.gif
63.gif
Squeaks is definitely right about these emoticons. You don't even need to be able to understand the text to get the poster's meaning! I demand an update to our emoticons, post haste! :mad: ...our emoticons look so sad in comparison.
63.gif

The STUPID in this thread is deafening. :ignore:
Nah, you just gotta go with it. Once Rook posted his pics, I was all like "Well, that's the end of that!" *closes book on matter* So it's amusing that this tale still has enough legs for one last conspiracy theory before more in-hand pics hit.
8.gif

Last edited:
Re-quoting for the happy. :dance

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but it has come to my attention that the pics released and photographed, are not in fact the final product but SSC's SDCC 2012 sample figure....I cannot say who has given me the info from the board...but I trust it. That said this almost appears to be a conspiracy...I'm not sure what too think now. However I spent long ours on the site last night going over the images from SDCC and the recent released ones, and there does appear to be a correlation between the ones recently released and the SDCC ones, even the fabric.

Let the speculation begin.

Fake pictures, mass panic, people leaving, extreme changes of opionions, cancellations, this thread has had it all. :lol

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but it has come to my attention that the pics released and photographed, are not in fact the final product but SSC's SDCC 2012 sample figure....I cannot say who has given me the info from the board...but I trust it. That said this almost appears to be a conspiracy...I'm not sure what too think now. However I spent long ours on the site last night going over the images from SDCC and the recent released ones, and there does appear to be a correlation between the ones recently released and the SDCC ones, even the fabric.

Let the speculation begin.

I really hoping you are joking because, if not, that is the stupidest thing I have seen on this thread. (And that is saying quite a lot.)

It's a toy, granted a $300 toy, but a toy nonetheless, and it is ridiculous to believe that a company would go to all these supposed lengths to carry out a "conspiracy" to defraud its customers over something we will have in our hands in about a week.

For the record, those pics are obviously not of the same same pre-production sample displayed at the various cons. The outfit alone is made out of an entirely different material.

Someone needs to delete this thread before its absurdity spreads to the rest of the internet and eventually destroys the world.

Bottom line, even if it weren't obvious that they're production pics, is that Rook is a long time member and a stand-up guy and if I were him I would reconsider ever contributing to SSF now that he has been hired on there because of all the outrageous allegations and rampant stupidity his awesome pictures have inspired among some of the more gullible folks among us.

Bottom line, even if it weren't obvious that they're production pics, is that Rook is a long time member and a stand-up guy and if I were him I would reconsider ever contributing to SSF now that he has been hired on there because of all the outrageous allegations and rampant stupidity his awesome pictures have inspired among some of the more gullible folks among us.

Why are you always trying to drive people away? :mad:

Wouldn't that be a bit silly, too, though. I read back and don't recall anyone outright calling him a liar or anything really offensive. The most I've seen is a few people mildly entertaining the idea, except maybe for Craig77's post above, but apparently he trusts his source, so who knows. I don't think it's worth getting annoyed by. Official pics will be here within the week and they'll remove all doubt.

Why are you always trying to drive people away? :mad:
:lol Yeah, pix, haven't you done enough damage?!

Seems to me that the latest pics we've seen match the Luke in the pic posted on FB with Iron Monger, DX10, the batpod, etc. So I'm gonna ignore all of the conspiracy theories as I think they are total rubbish. :pfft:

I really hoping you are joking because, if not, that is the stupidest thing I have seen on this thread. (And that is saying quite a lot.)

It's a toy, granted a $300 toy, but a toy nonetheless, and it is ridiculous to believe that a company would go to all these supposed lengths to carry out a "conspiracy" to defraud its customers over something we will have in our hands in about a week.

For the record, those pics are obviously not of the same same pre-production sample displayed at the various cons. The outfit alone is made out of an entirely different material.

Someone needs to delete this thread before its absurdity spreads to the rest of the internet and eventually destroys the world.

It comes from a more or less inside source, these are in fact the sdcc examples, and as I suggested, if you look closely at the material, specifically of the battledamage luke closeups, from the con, you will see it is the same material, and the defects in the material are all too matched. I'm in no way implying ROOK is part of a conspiracy or is even aware..but I do think you are kidding yourself in the fact that these are not legitimate sourced pics directly linked to SSC or HT, yet conveniently surfaced. I'm pulling for this figure, I'm just as dissapointed
these might not be what we are actually getting....that said, this is not just a $300 figure, this is an investment of thousands from a finite company, that from an economics point of view has alot too loose...amd there now appears to be alot of gray zones surrounding these pics.

It comes from a more or less inside source, these are in fact the sdcc examples, and as I suggested, if you look closely at the material, specifically of the battledamage luke closeups, from the con, you will see it is the same material, and the defects in the material are all too matched. I'm in no way implying ROOK is part of a conspiracy or is even aware..but I do think you are kidding yourself in the fact that these are not legitimate sourced pics directly linked to SSC or HT, yet conveniently surfaced. I'm pulling for this figure, I'm just as dissapointed
these might not be what we are actually getting....that said, this is not just a $300 figure, this is an investment of thousands from a finite company, that from an economics point of view has alot too loose...amd there now appears to be alot of gray zones surrounding these pics.

Well, for starters, there was no Luke display at 2012 SDCC.

And you are suggesting that this:
8081362775_3596f236e6_k.jpg

is the exact same display figure as this from 2011:

5964680098_9c6198b6d6_o.jpg

It obviously is not.

Last edited:
Back