Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, yeah, maybe not. Just the outfit looks so cheap compared to the proto. Seems like they must've been pinching pennies somewhere.

Yep, takes out a lot of the stress with potentially cancelling. This has taught me a lesson, though.

Yeah, I'm the same. I agree with the stress thing, doesn't seem so bad now.

It's the exact same sculpt:

lukenoooo.jpg

PERS looks really bad there.:nana:

At least the BD version will be good, he's supposed to look like he's had a crappy day battling Vader!

Just give us pics already!

The main reason that I am currently willing to give Hot Toys the benefit of the doubt is simply because it does look so terrible.

The Batman DX12 prototype to production caparison:
212510xkx6xtpgxhwxkggz.jpg

Versus the Luke prototype to production caparison:
luke_NOOOO.jpg

Two figures released at the same time with, not just a slight, but a massive difference in production quality. This would be such a complete lapse in every level of production quality control that we are just not seeing with any other release. (Even Indy wasn't this bad.)

The more and more I lool at this comparison I think the guy who took the photos of Luke just can't take a picture. God I hope I'm right.

The more and more I lool at this comparison I think the guy who took the photos of Luke just can't take a picture. God I hope I'm right.

Having done a little photography. His picture is in focus and not greatly over exposed, you can tell by looking at the detail on the shirt. He also has a nice bit of warmth in the picture which you wouldn't get from a large light source. Basically, it's not a bad capture, not great but not bad. Thing is whatever he used is not great. Looks like it could almost be a smart phone job.

I think it's lit from the bottom up though which could cause some awkward shadows but I'm not seeing that in the pictures.

Anyway , we don't even know what the deal is with this. Could be anything. Most likely there could be up to 2 sheets of glass between him and the piece.

How about we give this thread a rest until we have solid proof of actual pics because the back and fourth of the same s*** is ridiculous :gah:

How about we give this thread a rest until we have solid proof of actual pics because the back and fourth of the same s*** is ridiculous :gah:

Rather than trying to make everyone else dance to your tune why don't you exercise a little self restraint and not come in here?
Sounds like a more workable solution.

Rather than trying to make everyone else dance to your tune why don't you exercise a little self restraint and not come in here?
Sounds like a more workable solution.

Just seems that everyone is frustrated with the infamous pic floating around and repeating the same thing over and over...just trying to help smart ass :pfft:

Back