Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original console made for a better looking display BUT if this one can be separated into, say, two or three different consoles, that would be pretty cool.

29034511913_93b00756e8_b.jpg

Those security cameras are a really nice touch though (only just noticed them), but yeah 1-2 consoles is more than enough.

The original console made for a better looking display BUT if this one can be separated into, say, two or three different consoles, that would be pretty cool.

View attachment 650479

:lecture

The new one looks too big, and pointless unless you were recreating the detention block.

I'd rather just have the figure without the diorama, because it's one of the most nostalgic memories of that era (just as the Biker Scout is one of my most nostalgic memories of ROTJ).

With the Navy helmet from the Wicket set I put together a cheap pseudo Death Squad Commander from the parts I had, which helped to fill a void.

101_2630.jpg

A shot from seven years ago
View attachment 650500

I thought you were joking with "seven years ago", and had to check when this thread began.

Can't believe that was seven years ago.

:thud:

View attachment 650531

How does he even get into the console ? I'm sure people would have been happy with just the original one with 3 or 4 banks. Now it'll so much more expensive !
I have no idea where I'm going to display him. I don't have room for that monstrosity of a diorama.
Perhaps he'll come with a separate standard base?
A standard version and a deluxe version with the consoles?
Collectors have been asking for this guy for a long time but how many will buy him if he's so expensive because of the giant diorama?

How does he even get into the console ? I'm sure people would have been happy with just the original one with 3 or 4 banks. Now it'll so much more expensive !

The flight stand serves a dual purpose. :wink1:

The detention block only had a series of five consoles:

1138_Episode_IV.jpg

Don't understand why they caged him in the middle of eight of them. :dunno

I have no idea where I'm going to display him. I don't have room for that monstrosity of a diorama.
Perhaps he'll come with a separate standard base?
A standard version and a deluxe version with the consoles?
Collectors have been asking for this guy for a long time but how many will buy him if he's so expensive because of the giant diorama?

I expect there'll be a basic version like the Scout Trooper without his bike.

My interest is primarily in figures rather than dioramas or vehicles, but I might go for the diorama option if it was like the smaller one they showed seven years ago.

Back