Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A moment of silence for the beloved hot toys Death Star trooper.
And that glorious control console. If it came out today it would probably cost $80 more than it would have cost if they had released it when they should have(when they showed the awesome proto).

Nice looking DST echo! I need to take a shot at that with my Wicket helmets myself.
9b7facd327ac552d48b37692dc45b738.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Great custom, echo!

Yeah, that pic teased by Hot Toys still has me shaking my head as to the release delay.

Many have mentioned that the generic head sculpt is an issue with HT but at this point, I would take the smiling Antman sculpt if it meant that we get this figure set.

Great custom, echo!

Yeah, that pic teased by Hot Toys still has me shaking my head as to the release delay.

Many have mentioned that the generic head sculpt is an issue with HT but at this point, I would take the smiling Antman sculpt if it meant that we get this figure set.

I would honestly be fine if they released it without a sculpt and dropped the price a bit if that's what it took to make this happen. It would be easy enough to track down a nice generic sculpt on eBay. Would have to do that anyway as I would likely buy three of these.

And that glorious control console. If it came out today it would probably cost $80 more than it would have cost if they had released it when they should have(when they showed the awesome proto).

Nice looking DST echo! I need to take a shot at that with my Wicket helmets myself.

If they did it now they'd make that console out of cardboard :lol

9b7facd327ac552d48b37692dc45b738.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This is the one that got away (wipes tear).

*bows head*

This and the Sandtrooper Sergeant are just HUGE opportunities missed for Hot Toys.
Any OT character would be like printing money,PLUS Troop builder.
The console too!!
sigh....

Ah yes, the Sandtrooper Sergeant. I remember walking into SDCC the day that HT showed it off and being thrilled to see it, and hoped it would be up for pre-order any day...

Years later, still waiting...:impatient:

And as you mentioned, ez fig for HT to make, and an army builder. I remember having an instinct to grab it from the display and run. Lol. Now the idea doesn't sound as crazy...

...again.
Indeed. I looked back at the first couple pages of this thread and it's like looking back at your younger, innocent optimistic self. I don't have the time to roll through the thread to gradually watch that optimism deteriorate into the despair of age and experience but if I remember it was quite an ugly down turn! :)

With that said, count me in on this one!

It’s not han, but it’s close for me. If it goes up for preorder, our long national nightmare will have ended.

Back