Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a Power Droid in a heartbeat.

They have a good handful of figures ready to go. DST, Baze, Tank Trooper and the Power Droid would all be most welcome.

I really desperately want that Skiff Lando too!

What I wish HT would understand is that if a figure was released by Kenner, it will bring in the $$$$$$$$. And you can triple that if its one one the original 12..... we need the DST!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This fig was first shown three years ago - it's nice to see people remember it and still want it so much.

It also calls into question this whole idea that HT previews figs to gauge fan interest. This fig got a ton of love right from the get go, and reappears on here frequently, and when it does, it gets a lot of posts. And there aren't many places globally where a company can evaluate fan interest in a possible 1/6 figure - this site would certainly be in the top 5 places for a company like HT to do that. So if HT is interested in gauging interest, you'd think they'd see it here.

My guess is the figure was associated with Solo in HT's eyes and was seen as a second-tier release after the Han and new troopers, but when they cut the scene where the DSTs were prominently seen, and the movie then underperformed, they got rid of the planned second tier and DST in particular. Yet... you'd think if Howard was the SW superfan everyone seems to think he is, he'd know this figure is very much an iconic OT figure that's much in demand.

Not much about HT's decisions make a whole lot of sense - they never produce stuff that everyone knows would be strong sellers (even big items like the Falcon cockpit) and yet produce bizarre protos like the power droid that you'd think would be so obviously niche as to be barely worthy of making a proto for. It's super frustrating that in an era where companies have lovefests with their customers via social media, that both SSC and HT remain total mysteries.

3years? Jeez. Still want it

I think Howard’s love of Star Wars is more than slightly doubtful.

I totally agree that in this world of access to your fan base through social media and Fan sites that they seem to ignore the obvious demand and interest.
even accepting that we are the more rabid and vocal minority for a lot of companies- but for sixth scale I don’t imagine many people who buy these things are on at least one website?
Also some of the figures “dropped” are reasonably simple with a lot of previous parts to be reused - and yet not made.
I guess they have to make someth8ng for every film for the licence? But the solo choices are strange as well.

Anyway. Make the trooper hot toys. Please

This fig was first shown three years ago - it's nice to see people remember it and still want it so much.

It also calls into question this whole idea that HT previews figs to gauge fan interest. This fig got a ton of love right from the get go, and reappears on here frequently, and when it does, it gets a lot of posts. And there aren't many places globally where a company can evaluate fan interest in a possible 1/6 figure - this site would certainly be in the top 5 places for a company like HT to do that. So if HT is interested in gauging interest, you'd think they'd see it here.

Yet... you'd think if Howard was the SW superfan everyone seems to think he is, he'd know this figure is very much an iconic OT figure that's much in demand.

Not much about HT's decisions make a whole lot of sense - they never produce stuff that everyone knows would be strong sellers

I've said it once and I'll say it again HT market research and market intelligence is non existent. It's a "you get what they decide on and that's it".

In this day and age of data it is unbelievable for me that they don't have a closer finger on the pulse. Especially considering how easy it would be to do.

I've pretty much concluded that their strategy is simply ;

1). make a few main characters from each new film. Probably with the guidance of Disney.
2). OT and PT stuff. Stick only to main characters with a head sculpt if possible to keep that wow factor.

That's it.

They'll keep these 3rd tier figures for a rainy day when there's nothing better to do. Us nerd collectors will always be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least they haven’t taken our money. Some collectors have been waiting over 4 years for a scout helmet they PO’d.
The delays could be due to the headsculpt being a generic nobody. Most if not all Hot Toys portraits are famous actors. That’s probably the only way we’ll get the mud trooper cause it has Alden’s likeness.
Still fingers crossed DST gets made.

If I had to guess the reason, it's lack of Chinese popularity, but I'm still surprised there aren't more 3rd party Star Wars offerings. I think there was the Toys Works Mace Windu and then nothing else?

It's just mind-blowing how ****ing stupid Hot Toys are regarding this one :slap

They probably know people have been waiting for OT figures for years and years so one more year wouldn't hurt. You know this will sell but the Marvel hype will eventually die. Make their money from Spiderman now, DST later.

Bespin Han, ESB Lando, and yes, then this figure, at least give us our basics Hot Toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so HT have the helmet made, surely its only a matter of time before he's made. C'mon Hot Toys stop toying with us.
5143c0fbf0addb37590e6ae0f4fe4015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OK, so HT have the helmet made, surely its only a matter of time before he's made. C'mon Hot Toys stop toying with us.
5143c0fbf0addb37590e6ae0f4fe4015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Haha you beat me to it !! Gotta be a sign !

"The helmet cannot be unrung" !

Well technically the brow should be missing all together, not white. I guess it could always be the other one...just gotta take the lenses out first.

ewok-drummer.png

But it wasn't even Wicket that did that so it's a moot point. I'm glad they're actually releasing the little guy though.

Back