Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's frustrating that there seems to be no reasoning as to what they produce and when. AOTC 3PO GTFOH. Ugh! Maybe there's a giant wheel with all the characters on it and they spin it and wherever it lands is what they produce next? haha

AOTC 3PO... right?! I’m not a huge PT fan but there are so many other PT Characters they could have done!

Does HT know this guy was a 12 back? Does HT know what the 12 back is? And how many Gen X dudes like me would buy multiples of this? Somebody at SDCC should tell them.

It's frustrating that there seems to be no reasoning as to what they produce and when. AOTC 3PO GTFOH. Ugh! Maybe there's a giant wheel with all the characters on it and they spin it and wherever it lands is what they produce next? haha

AOTC 3PO... right?! I’m not a huge PT fan but there are so many other PT Characters they could have done!

Straight up! *bows head in a moment of silence*

Hehe

Yeah I'm not a PT fan at all but like you said that just doesn't seem to make financial sense on HT's part. Probably just one of their "teases" anyway. haha Still a waste of time in my book they could have spent that time creating a Veers or Ackbar.

Eh... over this figure anyway. Too-small helmet, Vader v1 insect hands, too-short tunic, $235 pricetag with console. They can keep it.

Jk, HT. Seriously. Let's get it across the PO line.

Perhaps they think that with the added console, he'll be too rich for most and won't be as profitable.

I certainly would entertain picking up two sets, though.

It's a simple out for them... get rid of the console and reduce the price accordingly. Sure, I'd love the console, but if it's the difference of having the console, and not having the figure - versus, getting rid of the damn console to get it - I'll take the figure all day, everyday! :pray:

Not sure if anybody else noticed but this is no longer on the SS coming soon page. Other than Bespin Lando this was my most wanted figure. I wished that meant it was about to go up for PO and that is why it got removed but i doubt it.

The Sandtrooper Sergeant was also removed but Baze was still on there which is surprising.

Not sure if anybody else noticed but this is no longer on the SS coming soon page. Other than Bespin Lando this was my most wanted figure. I wished that meant it was about to go up for PO and that is why it got removed but i doubt it.

The Sandtrooper Sergeant was also removed but Baze was still on there which is surprising.

Yeah, I think that's just confirming what we already know - this ship sailed.

People need to really start calling out HT on this type of thing. This has happened to something like a DOZEN figures now and it really has to stop. You understand that projects will get cancelled for various reasons from time to time, but it doesn't happen this many times.

You just never know what fig it's going to happen to next. I'm seriously starting to think that the Luke and Leia Endor figs aren't going to go up. If it happens to them, any figure HT shows should be considered as simply decoration for their display until it goes up for P.O. Just because they show it, doesn't mean you will own it in a year or so.

I'm thinking that the Leia Bespin could also be on the list of "never went to P.O." Bottom line is, they are now gearing up for Ep IX so a lot of OT stuff will be shifted aside for the inevitable ST trooper and heroes deluge.

Yeah, I think that's just confirming what we already know - this ship sailed.

People need to really start calling out HT on this type of thing. This has happened to something like a DOZEN figures now and it really has to stop. You understand that projects will get cancelled for various reasons from time to time, but it doesn't happen this many times.

You just never know what fig it's going to happen to next. I'm seriously starting to think that the Luke and Leia Endor figs aren't going to go up. If it happens to them, any figure HT shows should be considered as simply decoration for their display until it goes up for P.O. Just because they show it, doesn't mean you will own it in a year or so.

I'm thinking that the Leia Bespin could also be on the list of "never went to P.O." Bottom line is, they are now gearing up for Ep IX so a lot of OT stuff will be shifted aside for the inevitable ST trooper and heroes deluge.

Yeah I agree it does need to stop. I wish there was a good alternative to HT's for 1/6th SW collectors. I would rather give my money to a company that doesn't continually tease their customers.

Like you said their reveals don't mean anything because who knows what will actually be made? It's just crazy to me how many times at different Cons they showed the DST at and now nothing. They even had many of these figures in their own catalog and still didn't see the light of day.

This is why I’m not excited about any sdcc reveals. Bespin leia will probably suffer the same fate. I’ll order maul eventually, but..

Man, this thread has turned into a bunch of Debbie Downers.

Saw Guerrera finding out they didn't show the Death Star Trooper at SDCC '18:

giphy.gif

Maybe there is an accessory pack for the accessory pack for the iron man mark 50 that converts the accessory pack to a Death Star trooper. For the whoppingly low price of 314.99! :pray

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's kind of sad this isn't seeing at least a limited run of some kind - this trooper's design was spotted in R1 and Solo so that is kind of making it current as well as OT here. Oh well. Gotta agree about the SDCC 2018 HT reveals - would surprise me if half of SW that were on display never make it to PO.

I think the lack of collector interest in the ST has really hit HT hard. They cranked out tons of stock for TFA only to see it virtually “Peg warming” to this day. I believe this is why certain figures aren’t seeing the light of day. They are being far more financially conscious these days. It’s a real shame for me personally, as it’s alway been and always will be about the OT, which will always sell. I don’t mentally really even link the OT and ST together.

Back