Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, will be getting two of this guy. Nostalgia - probably the Kener thing, but they were very present in ESB dragging bodies, during bounty hunters etc., so for me that's the biggie. Even though these guys are the ANH version (which are different to ESB, which are different to ROTJ...)

I wonder if they'll add the weirdest tiny detail to these guys - in ANH, the inner lining (often visible in shot) of the DST gloves was bright red.

It'd be pretty ****** if Ht made this and didn't make Tarkin, Veers or Piett. I'm all for the OT Imperials with a bit of Hux thrown in for good measure!

Growing up these guys were called imperial fleet troopers. Can anyone educate me on the name change?

Would be cool if they made an exclusive version for this, an alternative gray outfit would be epic.

Growing up these guys were called imperial fleet troopers. Can anyone educate me on the name change?

Did you grow up in an alternate timeline? :)

"Death Squad Commander" from Kenner was as close as it got and later "Death Star Trooper" from Hasbro.

I don't know why/when. They are Imperial Navy/fleet troopers stationed on the Death Star (Death Star troopers).

EDIT: Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin himself selected a number of Navy troopers, later known as Death Star Troopers, to set up a commanding force aboard the Death Star battle station.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy_Trooper

It'd be pretty ****** if Ht made this and didn't make Tarkin, Veers or Piett. I'm all for the OT Imperials with a bit of Hux thrown in for good measure!

As this soldier has the helmet wich is very much similar to what Veers used in his armor uniform on Hoth. I hope it is what HT will release.

As this soldier has the helmet wich is very much similar to what Veers used in his armor uniform on Hoth. I hope it is what HT will release.

Veers Hoth helmet is a modified Snowie helmet. Good news is since they are doing the Snowie also....:wink1:

image.jpeg

I hope they make a gray suit variant, then we just need sand people and jawas! I don't want ss flawas, flopwas, jawas, or whatever you call them...

The HT figs will make a perfect 12-back considering they modeled Kenobi, Luke and Han's head sculpts after the Kenner originals. :rotfl

Is everyone going to put a Yellow saber on Luke? Then don't worry about the grey uniform - and plastic robes/capes (and Leia's open-front robe).

I love when collectors set goals: HT 1/6th 12-back completion

Where's the guy who simply wants every frickin' figure ever seen in the OT. A 1/6th collection as vast as the 3" one.

No life, no woman, just toys.

Did you grow up in an alternate timeline? :)

"Death Squad Commander" from Kenner was as close as it got and later "Death Star Trooper" from Hasbro.

I don't know why/when. They are Imperial Navy/fleet troopers stationed on the Death Star (Death Star troopers).

EDIT: Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin himself selected a number of Navy troopers, later known as Death Star Troopers, to set up a commanding force aboard the Death Star battle station.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy_Trooper

Hey thanks, Yeah I just read up on that, interesting. Great thing about Star Wars is no matter how old you get and how many times you see it, theres always something new to learn.

Back