1/6 [Hot Toys] Daredevil: The Punisher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigger twist to origin for me was that he himself was shot during families murder, was in coma then woke up. im on last 2 eps of DDs2 love it and lookin forward to solo show.

again the neck is bound to get scuffed tilting head down huh? the clearance under back of chin is so small. keep tryin to get him with this chin down mean look but bites into neck horrible, dont want to leave it like that out of fear neck is permanently dented.

Also 1911 would be a call back to long before his time in the Marines. He does show use of the Beretta 92FS which would be more "old school" for him, however I saw those Force Recon guys use whatever they wanted to qual on.

Was going to point that out as well. Being in force recon it's not too much of a stretch that he'd favor the 1911. Less capacity, but Frank seems like a man that'd favor stopping power over throwing rounds. Thought that and the Kabar were nice touches with nods to his service.

bigger twist to origin for me was that he himself was shot during families murder, was in coma then woke up. im on last 2 eps of DDs2 love it and lookin forward to solo show.
Just be ready for a completely different Frank and completely different show.
First episode's opening pretty much says "nope, you're not gettin' the Punisher here!" :lol

Was going to point that out as well. Being in force recon it's not too much of a stretch that he'd favor the 1911. Less capacity, but Frank seems like a man that'd favor stopping power over throwing rounds. Thought that and the Kabar were nice touches with nods to his service.

When I played with the Recon guys none had 1911s. They were mainly drawn to Glock and Sig.

Just be ready for a completely different Frank and completely different show.
First episode's opening pretty much says "nope, you're not gettin' the Punisher here!"

This is exactly how I feel after finishing the show. I feel like I'm just watching some typical guy betrayed by the government now he's out for revenge movie/show like Shooter or even Mission Impossible. Jon Bernthal did a good job with what he was giving, but the character was not the Punisher. He's like a kinder, gentler Punisher for the new age. He had so many un-Punisher moments that just made me shake my head.

When I played with the Recon guys none had 1911s. They were mainly drawn to Glock and Sig.

Interesting. Cool they get the wiggle room to pick and choose. Marsoc was also moving to the Glock for a time even after they had a 1911 designed for them! Haven't had any first hand experiences myself, but used to collect primarily military so poured over photos for hours for reference. Here's a few force recon with 1911s
force-recon-m4-eotechs-hr.jpg
Cool patch too haha

Maintaining_marksmanship_Force_Recon_Marines_fire_away_130513-M-NP085-009.jpg

The original backstory is that Frank's family got shot by the Mafia at Central Park. The police weren't able to help due to corruption. He decides to take matters in his own hands.

I see what youre saying about changing the original killers from Mafia to military.

In the end, that creative decision seems to fit in more modern times. It added another layer to the Netflix MCU considering the other characters were already fighting crime bosses. It also made Frank's character much deeper than the original anti-hero, kill-all man out for revenge.

Who knows, maybe there is more to it than what Season 1 led on. Instead of police corruption, they replaced it with the military to be cohesive with Frank's experiences in the military. They might tie everything to an even deeper conspiracy involving the Mafia, thus paying homage to the original line.

Keep an open mind.

:goodpost: All of this.

I had considered how much they changed his origins, but I really don't want the same old story re-hashed again. Marvels ability to update character origins to be more convincing to modern times and to keep it fresh (since their comic origins can be looked up at anytime) is what draws me to nearly every product Marvel Studios can spit out.

On that note: This seemed like a much more believable origin for a guy who becomes a sociopathic professional killer of bad-guys and organized crime... Losing his family was by far the worst part of it, but the over-all PTSD from his military duties and the fallout from said duties added a layer that gave his motivations for extreme violence a push towards real life authenticity.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
:goodpost: All of this.

I had considered how much they changed his origins, but I really don't want the same old story re-hashed again. Marvels ability to update character origins to be more convincing to modern times and to keep it fresh (since their comic origins can be looked up at anytime) is what draws me to nearly every product Marvel Studios can spit out.

On that note: This seemed like a much more believable origin for a guy who becomes a sociopathic professional killer of bad-guys and organized crime... Losing his family was by far the worst part of it, but the over-all PTSD from his military duties and the fallout from said duties added a layer that gave his motivations for extreme violence a push towards real life authenticity.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would have loved the first season to end
Spoiler Spoiler:

Decided to give Frank a new rifle with sight and grenade launcher

23755186_504707549885482_8267958146666492397_n.jpg

Last edited:
All of the people complaining that it strays too far from the source material, don’t forget that Frank was also a Vietnam vet. If you want to go “by the book”, then the show would have to be set in the 70’s, otherwise Frank would be too old.

I have zero issues with origin stories being slightly altered to make the overall narrative more interesting and cohesive.

All of the people complaining that it strays too far from the source material, don’t forget that Frank was also a Vietnam vet. If you want to go “by the book”, then the show would have to be set in the 70’s, otherwise Frank would be too old.

I have zero issues with origin stories being slightly altered to make the overall narrative more interesting and cohesive.
That's not an argument. His origin story has nothing to do with him bein' a Vietnam vet.
They did an awesome job introducin' him and his origin in DD S2. It was very loyal to his books.
What they did in that solo series makes absolutely no sense story and character wise.
They were waaaaay too afraid to make a series about murderous psychopath who was a good man once.

Yeah I'm starting to agree with that. Finished episode 11 last night and this whole conspiracy thing has worn out its welcome. Not to mention that obnoxious Lewis, how much screen time did they waste on him? Hopefully season 2 is the real Punisher.

I just wanna see him putting down organized crime like the mob and human trafficking rings, or others like rapists and pedophiles. Have Micro point him in the right direction and he does the rest.

Last edited:
100% agree with with RIDDICK. I felt Punisher was way more Punisher like in DD season 2. Also by changing his family being killed by a government conspiracy, where is his motivation to wage his one man war on crime? He killed the government agent responsible already, where’s the fuel to keep going? It’s easy if criminals killed his family cause crime never stops, so he’s got motivation to kill as many criminals as possible. With a government conspiracy, however, what’s he gonna do now? Topple the government? His origin did not need this pointless, unecessary change that to me just didn’t work.

For the real Punisher experience, I rather stick with the movie Punisher War Zone, even the Dolph Lundren Punisher movie, or the short punisher film Dirty Laundry

Last edited:
That's not an argument. His origin story has nothing to do with him bein' a Vietnam vet.
They did an awesome job introducin' him and his origin in DD S2. It was very loyal to his books.
What they did in that solo series makes absolutely no sense story and character wise.
They were waaaaay too afraid to make a series about murderous psychopath who was a good man once.

I don’t think they were afraid, but there have been so many “guy’s family is murdered, he goes for vengeance” movies throughout the years that, proper origin or not, the premise would have worn thin pretty quick IMO. Add to the fact that it wasn’t just a film, but a 13-episode series, it needed to be more substantial than “Ep.1 - Frank vs. the Irish mob; Ep.2 - Frank vs. the Yakuza”, etc.

I really enjoyed both warzone and the 80s lundgren punisher.

The netfix series turned him in to a wiener.

Back