Hot Toys Book of Boba Fett - Boba Fett 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was quick. PO’d this guy Sat morning and woke up charged and ready to ship already. Can’t wait.
At some point, my Sideshow emails started going to junk so I didn't know that I just got charged for this AND the Bespin Luke will be here tomorrow! Excited to pair this with the 1/4 scale Mando!

First and most likely last 1/4 figure unless they do a Bo-Katan. Not sure where they can go from here that can impress me more than this guy just has. I’m fully at peace knowing we might never get a 1/4 PF of this costume but this might just be better anyway.

IMG_0541.jpeg

This might be the first time where a fat suit was needed. Looks a bit like Fennec Shand playing dress up while Boba naps in his bacta tank.

It‘s not worth it tbh. No matter how good the pose is. Those boot covers will disintegrate in a few years, too.

I’ve heard it’s synthetic material with a leather-like pattern instead of pleather.

But I don’t have the figure so someone who owns it would have to speak to that.

Even if it is pleather, a few years is a bit hyperbolic. Hot Toys has improved on their materials over the years. And how well pleather holds up is down to several factors including the environment, climate, and maintenance.

I’ve heard it’s synthetic material with a leather-like pattern instead of pleather.

But I don’t have the figure so someone who owns it would have to speak to that.

Even if it is pleather, a few years is a bit hyperbolic. Hot Toys has improved on their materials over the years. And how well pleather holds up is down to several factors including the environment, climate, and maintenance.
True, but also where and how it‘s used. Look at Catwoman, look at Terminator figures. Jackets and boots have shown to be prone to degradation.

True, but also where and how it‘s used. Look at Catwoman, look at Terminator figures. Jackets and boots have shown to be prone to degradation.

I’ve kept tabs on Hot Toys pleather and material quality for many years.

Hot Toys has improved over time, especially within the last couple of years. They’re far from perfect but they are a lot better than they used to be.

Both those examples are from a very long time ago. Catwoman was about 10 years ago and the Terminator figures are positively ancient by now. Pleather and rubber on figures made back then were indeed more vulnerable to damage, even after a few years. We’ve seen the horror stories.

Hot Toys can still do better by us but they have definitely improved on material quality and choice over the years. Figures made now thankfully don’t use the same exact materials as back in 2009.

Last edited:
Back