Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be nice if they make a base for this Luke release that fits with the ESB Vader to enable a nice "I am your Father" scene.

"Would be nice if" should be the motto of 1/6 Star Wars collecting.

Would be nice if Hot Toys released Bespin Han.

Would be nice if Hot Toys made more aliens and side characters.

Would be nice if Sideshow re-released the Dewback.

ad infinitum

Wouldn?t it be nice if they put in the effort in classic OT SW characters that they did for Spiderman and Iron man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they?re tripping over that punk-rock Spidey in the SS warehouse yet we don?t have arguably the coolest, scruffiest Nerf herder in the galaxy.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are having likeness/licensor approval issues with ESB Han. Ford is a notoriously difficult likeness and even the ANH version was completely changed so last minute that the box art doesn't even feature the sculpt they ended up using.

(I also am wondering if their tendency to reuse those Captain America and Luke sculpts is just because they have already been approved by Disney/Lucasfilm and they had some difficulty with those likenesses.)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are having likeness/licensor approval issues with ESB Han. Ford is a notoriously difficult likeness and even the ANH version was completely changed so last minute that the box art doesn't even feature the sculpt they ended up using.

(I also am wondering if their tendency to reuse those Captain America and Luke sculpts is just because they have already been approved by Disney/Lucasfilm and they had some difficulty with those likenesses.)

It is possible. Or it could be a simple matter of not wanting to retool the factory for a new headsculpt. When you have one headsculpt that most people accept why change it? The more money you can get out of the same headsculpt is a good business decision on their part.

Although many customers like variety in their sculpts most would be satisfied if all their figures from one particular movie looked the same aside from the outfits. Combine that with the fact that Hamill?s face did not change much from empire to Jedi and you have a head that can work across multiple outfits and releases.

It is possible. Or it could be a simple matter of not wanting to retool the factory for a new headsculpt. When you have one headsculpt that most people accept why change it? The more money you can get out of the same headsculpt is a good business decision on their part.

Although many customers like variety in their sculpts most would be satisfied if all their figures from one particular movie looked the same aside from the outfits. Combine that with the fact that Hamill?s face did not change much from empire to Jedi and you have a head that can work across multiple outfits and releases.

True from a business standpoint but I wouldn't want the same expression on all of Luke's or Wolverine's. Each figure should not have the exact same expression. I think that's why everyone is upset.

The solution is to simply add a new sculpt with a different expression, while including the "basic" sculpt that features across all releases. It adds value to your product at little cost to your bottom line-- cuz you know they're jacking up the price for two heads.

The solution is to simply add a new sculpt with a different expression, while including the "basic" sculpt that features across all releases. It adds value to your product at little cost to your bottom line-- cuz you know they're jacking up the price for two heads.

Awesome idea from a collectors standpoint, terrible business idea.

Why pay for another sculpt when you have one people already accept?

So you can risk backlash from the new sculpt of its not successful?

Hot Toys takes a slightly different tack - they take the original sculpt and insert a goofy Han smirk (ANH Han stormie) or a cheesy dentist-visit Luke grimace (ROTJ Luke Endor) and call it a new sculpt.:dunno:lol

The problem with that is it's not simply "adding another head." I assume that painting the heads is by far the most time consuming/costly part of Hot Toys production.

Hot Toys takes a slightly different tack - they take the original sculpt and insert a goofy Han smirk (ANH Han stormie) or a cheesy dentist-visit Luke grimace (ROTJ Luke Endor) and call it a new sculpt.:dunno:lol

That's still better than the exact same thing each time. Some people, believe it or not, like pedo Han. :lol

Did another body swap on my custom Dagoba Luke. The seamless arms were nice but could not bend enough to get this pose. Looking into another seamless body that might work. Holding out hope for this release.
dd79c903e7f4aaf68d20dc06a415157f.plist

fef3d7ed3f909c3a84f5b13a66a12e58.jpg

e585d8261c34971f183ea8af88c33654.jpg

Luke Swolewalker!

lol Yeah. It?s not easy to find a body that fits Luke?s physique. The Bruce Lee GOD body I had was the right size but had very little articulation. This is the closest thing I could find without going full muscle bound. Here is what I had before.
564346bed12e98f1b23966562adbe0ff.jpg

6c10265fdc1a5f459b99b3a44961844c.jpg

d04f2fdac32d230790a3d1667eca20b2.plist

Looks great to me!

Awesome pics JJ!!

Thanks guys. I also cut the neck off the DX head so I didn?t have to cut the neck of the body like I did last time on the BL body. It gave him a bit of a bobble head look and he could only look certain directions.

I had to cut into the PERS system inside the head so the ball joint would fit but the eyes still function and now he can move his neck and head independently to get much better poses.

I?m pretty happy with the result but the hunt for a better more possible seamless body goes on. Here?s the body I used.
a5d3dea662f8f89636b85da4368cd5b0.plist

Keeping my eyes on this one but I think it may be too tall.
a44bf22803edb089a5eb1f2e143d0273.jpg

Back