Hot Toys background and history

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lipfung

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Just staring at my Hot Toys figures on the shelf, and curious thoughts come across my mind - How did they become today's most popular 1/6" figure manufacturer in the world?

What is their background and history?

Although most of them are 'Made in China', their quality seems to be well
controlled and constant, in fact, they are getting better at each release.

At production, are the realistic head sculpture purely hand made or mass produce by machines?

I should've title this thread "Hot Toys 101".

If memory serves they offered military figures first. They have since exploded to what we see today for obvious reasons.

Interesting question but I'm guessing not too many people actually know what the "Ask Sideshow Collectibles" section is for. :lol

Hot Toys is the company that relies on other companies and message boards dedicated to other companies to spread their information.

There should be a section dedicated to Hot Toys, especially when they just acquired the big 'SW' license. Judging by the first Luke figure, my money is leaning towards the Hot Toys production. just my two cents.

There should be a section dedicated to Hot Toys, especially when they just acquired the big 'SW' license. Judging by the first Luke figure, my money is leaning towards the Hot Toys production. just my two cents.

Newb registers and wants to change the board. :lol

There is already a HT forum on the web, but it is a ghost town.

HT didn't acquire the SW license, Sideshow has it.

Why are you guys so hostile towards people who have not been on this site for that long?

So people are allowed to kill other people just because they can right? What a joke.

You don't understand what I am implying. Just because people can do something doesn't mean that they actually can. Most people share the same thought process that The Craw has so it's a huge problem.

Back