Hot toys announcing they have the Star wars license..what does it mean for Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glennfett

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can an official Sideshow Rep chime in on this?
How long do sideshow have the license for?will Sideshow and Hot toys be now working together on 1/6th star wars?
Or....is it now GAME ON?
I haven't seen any official word come out from Sideshow so if anyone can point me to a link..much appreciated,otherwise would really like official word through here.

How long do sideshow have the license for?will Sideshow and Hot toys be now working together on 1/6th star wars?
Or....is it now GAME ON?
I haven't seen any official word come out from Sideshow so if anyone can point me to a link..much appreciated,otherwise would really like official word through here.

If there is true competition doubt you'll ever get any "official" word for SSC. Closest you'll get is a standard reply.

Or....is it now GAME ON?

Simply...We (Sideshow) and Hot Toys will both be creating Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures. I'm not privvy to license information (not could I share it if I was), so I am unable to answer your license specific question.

Ha, wasn't expecting that. Not into 1:4, but that's cool, Alex.

And in regards to competition, I don't know why anyone would think that HT acquiring (I'm assuming) Medicom's license would turn the relationship between SSC and HT adversarial. SSC is HT's distributor. They'll both make more money by cooperating with one another and divvying up the Star Wars 1:6/1:4 pie (w/SSC getting much more off distribution with HT than they ever could've made w/Medicom's out-of-scale products).

I have the same question. I want to stick with Sideshow for the Star Wars Figures, ( Along with DC and Marvel) Hot Toys are nice but they are a little bit more pricier and the after market prices are raping. Sideshow please let us know whats going on! And please keep the Star Wars licence. PS. BRING BACK GIJOE!

Back