Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the real color of this Hulk is clearly yellowish, more olive than the first Avengers one. Here are some pics from Xenomorph with natural light and another different type of light. You can see the difference.

The pics from Di c k Po from toysdaily are with studio/like light.

hulk aou.jpg

hulk aou2.jpg

hulk aou3.jpg

hulk aou4.jpg

hulk aou5.jpg

It does! I think it's the first option, all the other pics/videos I saw of him, he looks more yellowish.
Which is a shame (at least for me), I have him o pre-order, but I prefer this tone of green.

Agreed. I wish the color more closely resembled A1, if not the exact same.

I think I'll be missing out real bad if I didn't get the deluxe set :gah: it's the only thing that differentiates the 2 Hulks.

It's also the only way to get the default head without going the aftermarket route.

Thanks for the xeno pics, gizmo. :duff

To me, the new color Hulk looks much more "screen accurate" to what was in the films.

Still hate the new yoga shorts, but since I have A1 Hulk, will just be switching the pants out before I sell him off.

I went with the basic Hulk because I need the difference to go towards my Hulkbuster fund. I can deal with the screaming HS as long as its posed right, a museum pose with a screaming head may look off.

People always want it screen accurate..until they don't. Mk3dc is slammed for not being screen accurate color (even though it is, just not to every single version), while people slam/complain about the Aou hulk for being the same (and different then a1) color and having screen accurate pants. If you complain about something that is screen accurate you should be banned from every using that as an excuse to bash something that's not. You can't have it both ways. You either want it screen accurate, or you don't. But, we know that's not the way it is. And people wonder why hot toys does what it does, and why they don't talk to fans.

I like the amount of detail that they were able to achieve with his skin this time around.
The olive green allowed them to get all that vein cracking and dark green in there that the A1 green skin could not show.

From the skin to the face detailing, it is much more realistic than the original, and I think
he fits in better with the rest of the crew with the muted coloring.

As far as the Yoga pants, that was a design flaw from the AoU costume crew, lol... Hot Toys
just replicated what he wore in the film.

As far as the Yoga pants, that was a design flaw from the AoU costume crew, lol... Hot Toys
just replicated what he wore in the film.

Not so much a flaw as it was an attempt at displaying Banner's cognizance of his transformations. I'm sure that Bruce didn't want to run the risk of shredding his Levis every time he Hulked out (even if they did look cooler). The yoga pants don't bother me as he'll most likely be posed behind the rest of my Avenger's team.

Thanks for the xeno pics, gizmo. :duff

My pleasure YankeesFanboy :wink1:

Also I think HT did a different paint job this time on the Hulk to "make" people buy it. Otherwise it would be just a "repaint" with 2 sculpts and a smash torso with yoga pants.

They possibly knew that people wont buy it if there was the same color than the Avengers 1. Because people love the A1 pants more. People would probably buy just the screaming headsculpt and/or the smash torso on ebay to make the definitive Hulk:
- A1 pants,
- A1 green skin,
- A2 screaming sculpt and
- A2 smash torso

With a different skin tone, they force people to repaint the head or smash torso if they buy them for separate on ebay, if they go that route.. Don't know if I explain myself :rotfl

By the way I'm ok with the yoga pants and the olive green tone.. I like how it looks.

People always want it screen accurate..until they don't. Mk3dc is slammed for not being screen accurate color (even though it is, just not to every single version), while people slam/complain about the Aou hulk for being the same (and different then a1) color and having screen accurate pants. If you complain about something that is screen accurate you should be banned from every using that as an excuse to bash something that's not. You can't have it both ways. You either want it screen accurate, or you don't. But, we know that's not the way it is. And people wonder why hot toys does what it does, and why they don't talk to fans.

Very Well said Sir!

Well, you have to be glad that they actually produce stuffs for you to buy. You can choose and make decisions.

Typically how long after the Hong Kong release can we expect Sideshow to start shipping to this to us?

PO-ed mine from official distributor, Singapore. Logistics called me up and will be collecting mine tonight after work! :hi5:

Can't wait to order this guy next month when I get some points in ... hopefully he'll be shipping by then.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Back