1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly needs to be tweaked? Just curious as to me from the pictures they look nearly perfect.

It's just nits really like the joints telegraphing through the suits, which I think HTs will fix. The biggest distractions to the appearance is Bats cape at the neck (but we already know HTs isn't great with capes) and like VDG said, West body is too wide. He had a barrel chest and wasn't V cut or anything but he didn't have a fat wide belly. This figure needs a little tweaking in that area.
Other than that, it looks pretty awesome I think.

This is just a general comment, but I just wish folks would cease with all the 'West was tubby' rhetoric - he SO wasn't.. he was in great shape. Next time folks go to post - look at how MASSIVE that belt is, where it starts, & where it ends, & how it would've been annoying as **** to wear. :lol

It starts high & ends just under his rib cage.. so his waist is masked by that huge yellow thing, & his silhouette distorted as a result.

Correct. Whilst he might not have looked like Willy from Mission Impossible, he was certainly not fat, and Vinti is exactly on the money with how and where the belt actually sits on Adam's body, as seen here...

batman-tv_adam_wes_1473854i.jpg

These do need minor...and I do say minor...tweaking, and it would make them perfect. The only thing that really does need the most work is the cape/neck line. On the show, both the BATMAN and ROBIN capes had press-studs on then to hold that perfect shape, at the shoulders and down their backs.

https://www.66batman.com/Batcraft/snaps.htm

I'm not too sure how HT could tackle this. This is the only close to major tweak required. We also need to see the unmasked sculpts, so there is a way to go just yet.

Let's not make any mistakes here, I'd buy this as is...today. But by the time this hits PO, it should be perfect.

Robin looks pretty much good to go right now.

Last edited:
I dont think the chest area needs any "tweaking". It looks more like a futzing issue to me. Looks like a fat suit under there.

And before I get slammed with posts, I'm not saying West was fat. It just looks like what HT used to make the torso bigger/wider.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

julie Newmar > Every other Batman *****es past or present.

The more I look at the pictures of these two...the more I want them both! :D

I can finally have a shelf with all generations of batman...West, Keaton & Bale! :)

They just need to thin his waist and this will be awesome. Maybe move the belt down some.

Seeing these makes me really want Hot Toys to make a George Reeves Superman. Then they would just have to make Dean Cain to complete the set. (I suppose Kirk Alyn should be in there, too. He could probably be done as an alternate head sculpt with a Reeves figure, though. The suits were pretty much the same.)

Here's a perfect example of that giant belt digging into his ribs:

1batman.jpg

The man was in shape people.

The belt just made his waistline disappear - with the help of those high starting undies too.

George Reeves? -> :rock

Kirk Allen? -> :clap

Dean Cain? -> :yuck

Ya gotta complete the set, though. All the live action Superman actors would make for a great display. Other than the design of the S itself (which is pretty much what I would picture it would look like is Superman's shield had a stroke), the Cain suit, as it appears in most of the show (once they fixed the terrible cape attachment in some early episodes), is pretty good. As long as they kept the price in the $150-$175 range, I'd buy it.

Here's a perfect example of that giant belt digging into his ribs:

1batman.jpg

The man was in shape people.

The belt just made his waistline disappear - with the help of those high starting undies too.

Yep. That suit was very form fitting. And he had nothing under the suit to enhance his body in a positive way, like today.

Ya gotta complete the set, though. All the live action Superman actors would make for a great display. Other than the design of the S itself (which is pretty much what I would picture it would look like is Superman's shield had a stroke), the Cain suit, as it appears in most of the show (once they fixed the terrible cape attachment in some early episodes), is pretty good. As long as they kept the price in the $150-$175 range, I'd buy it.
Let me clarify; I welcome the Reeves & Allen versions, but probably would only get Reeves in all honesty. It's about getting the characters / versions you like for a lot of folks (me included), not just completing sets. I'm sure that's not lost on you anyway.. :lol

I always thought 'Lois & Clarke' was complete rubbish, & while Teri Hatcher was probably the best thing about that show.. Dean Cain was not Superman.

Ever. :lol

Let me clarify; I welcome the Reeves & Allen versions, but probably would only get Reeves in all honesty. It's about getting the characters / versions you like for a lot of folks (me included), not just completing sets. I'm sure that's not lost on you anyway.. :lol

I always thought 'Lois & Clarke' was complete rubbish, & while Teri Hatcher was probably the best thing about that show.. Dean Cain was not Superman.

Ever. :lol

Yes she was. :yess:
They're real, and they're spectacular!
[ame]https://youtu.be/BL2PicT9Kng[/ame]

teri%20hatcher%2005.jpg

Teri%20Hatcher%20Diet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back