1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you aren't confusing him with famous Burt Ward impersonator, Bert Sword?

Last edited:
Honestly, the Batman pair BLOW ME AWAY. The Star Wars ones, are nice, but not HT nice. The likeness is still off (look at my FB SW Gallery for pictures), and knowing Sideshow, their finals are never as nice as their prototypes. While HT should be able to nail these Batman and Robin.

Plus we all know that there will always be a new version of the same SW character later... I doubt there will be another Batman 60s anytime soon...

That is just my opinion.

You're kidding.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Here is one reference:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0911431/bio

"During his run as Robin in "Batman" (1966), one influential Roman Cathoic organization was outraged by the fit of Robin's tights. He wore one and even two supporters at one point but they were still not pleased."

https://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=75;t=000054;p=0

"Amy Reiter of Salon wrote in 1999 Holy gonads, Batman

quote:Burt Ward, who played the Caped Crusader's trusty sidekick, Robin, on the classic '60s TV show, has ripped the mask of secrecy off the randy goings-on backstage at the Batcave. Turns out the Batphone wasn't the only insistently throbbing red thing on the show's action-packed set.

The "volume of conquests" under Batman star Adam West's cape were simply staggering, Ward recently told E!, even by sexy '60s standards. "There were times when I'd go behind one of the scrims and there would be Adam, and I'd look down and there was some beautiful young lady on her knees," he recalled. (And you thought Spidey was the swinger.)

What's more, Ward waxed, the Boy Wonder moniker may have been all too accurate. To appease the network censors, who, he said, "felt the Boy Wonder bulged too much out of his tights," Ward had to double up on undies and strap down his own ample Batappendage. Right, little Robin. Bet that's what all the superheroes say.

Burt Ward told all in Boy Wonder--My life in tights"

No, I'm not kidding.

Last edited:
I'll pick up Batman 100%, not sure on Robin yet, will probably get him too for the sake of completion lol.

DSC03114.jpg

I'm all over these two. Good as bought!!
Well done, HT. :clap

In fact, I will have to give them their own shelf.

So beautiful.. :monkey2

There needs to be more of a sheen on West's cape though, because it looks a little table cloth-y right now..

man these are really impressive. i really hope there is a massive sell out of these that would hopefully drive hot toys to go deep into this line. there are too many good characters not to address.

Whats funny is that these versions are so iconic, their cheesiness is being overlooked. Or even welcomed.

HT pull these off perfectly.

that adam west sculpt is just beautiful!

these are total cheese, but it works like gangbusters here.

These look really good. They really nailed the likeness for each and both costumes look perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back