1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate im glad everyone likes the Dye job. I kept the fatsuit on as i like the feeling of the padding and it fills the out. Plus removing fatsuit makes the belt and armour loose

Posted this on the other thread - here’s both together. HT is accurate to the original Pulce 40 spear gun prop. Not sure where the design for the SS one came from, anyone know?

View attachment 425358

View attachment 425359

this is just a theory.
and correct me if I'm wrong
I think Marmit's ESB Fett was the first figure with the Pistol released in 1999
and since Marmit was known for making close to accurate 1/6 SW figure kits
Sideshow and others used Marmit as a reference
reason Marmit's pistol looks the same as Sideshow and others
but this is just a theory

just for ****s and giggles,

heres an old throwback photo of a modified Sideshow Fett I made last year.

I used the flak vest and wookie braids from the hot toys ROTJ one.

I think it looked really good at the time. I actually think the Neck Seal looks better from the HT ROTJ Fett than it does on the HT ESB version.

18588791_1434797086542455_6683599420888628840_o.jpg

Got my shipping notification from KGhobby this morning. Can’t wait to get this figure in hand!

All the figures have wonky chest armor, mainly due to the material used for the vest. As mentioned, this look was accurate to the films as the nature of the materials were the same. Now of course, some scenes showed all the armor lining up perfectly, but other times not so much.
Each piece of armor is pegged into the vest in multiple spots. There's always the option of cutting the pegs off of that center piece and gluing it on straight.
The nature of it all does bother my OCD for sure (even all those creased lines in the vest material)..but I take comfort in the fact that everybody's figure is like this - and the predominantly movie accurateness of it.
Makes me wonder if someone will fix all of this and tuck/hem the excess bottom portion of the vest since it's way too much material down there. One of the things that the SS Fett's got more accurate.

That crookedness is screen accurate. You can see it in some stills

Particularly the way the stomach piece touches the screen right breast plate

It seems that each HT Boba Fett is a unique (handcrafted, maybe?) piece, different to the others, as can be seen in all the pictures shown!!!

Thank you for the run-down on the dylon dye, mike, much obliged. I was only planning on dyeing a pp2 flight suit, but after seeing yours, well, one packet dylon china blue ordered.

Thank you for the run-down on the dylon dye, mike, much obliged. I was only planning on dyeing a pp2 flight suit, but after seeing yours, well, one packet dylon china blue ordered.

No problems mate ,

its fairly easy and you cant really stuff it up as the blue mixes with grey well. If you find its not enough just dip them back in the dye. If its too much blue, just rinse the suit out with hot water to bring it to a level your accuracy eye likes.

use this pic as reference as much as possible.

40656996_1958283210860504_3659802690176679936_n.jpg

you do need to cut/pry the glue from one side of his crotch plate to remove it. the silver studs on the sides are functional pegs that hold front and back together with glue added. i used an exacto knife to cut into the bond between the overlapping plastic and carefully wiggle the knife to break the glue bond until i could separate by hand. if you do it right, the silver stud peg will be left intact and you likely won't need any glue to put it back together. other than that, its just a couple of straps and velcro to undo to get the flight suit and then fat suit off.
Thanks for the info!

The cap holding it in place can be popped off easy enough...i only used the stalk from the SS...top part is still HT as the detail is better..

View attachment 425455View attachment 425456

Thanks Matrix. So basically the Sideshow stock fits the holder and functions. I am guessing you reglued the Hot Toys top section to the stalk. Such a small detail but it looks really good.

Back