History Channel's Vikings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Solidus But Horik had the ships and the men necessary for the size of the raiding they had planned, without King Horik, raiding wasn't possible, Horik could've gone raiding someplace else anyway, Jarl Borg didn't go against King Horik because most likely he had no chance, even with Horik gone away, so he went against Ragnar.

Thus Ragnar repaid Jarl with the same coin, Jarl took Kattegat in a cowardly way too.

Yeah, Ragnar's no good guy at all, he's a conqueror, Vikings were ruthless people from what I've read, but taking his context into consideration, he wasn't a bad guy at all either.

Ragnar was the only Northman who managed to sail to Northumbria, so didn't Horik need him as guide?

It was a brutal time, indeed, and on that note, I don't think Ragnar is portrayed as being morally superior to any of the other rulers in the North. I'm not saying that Jarl Borg wasn't a doucher himself, and attacking Kattlegat like that was a ****** move. But, his territories were living in peace before Ragnar came into the picture :lol.

you folks wonder why women in those regions(netherlands, norway, sweden, etc) are pretty HOT?? them vikings took them pretty ones from the brits and its neighbors....and they left the ugly ones. :monkey1

:lol

:lecture

That's a pretty accurate assessment :rotfl :monkey3.

I mean, Horik could have gone raiding someplace else other than England if Ragnar didn't do his bidding, and that's not what Ragnar wanted.

Yeah Ragnar is just a dude who wants to get money and **** bitches, and who can blame him? :lol

I really don't see why Ragnar couldn't have just declined Horik's proposition to raid without Jarl Borg, because it was breaking a sacred pact. Horik needed Ragnar for the raids (it would have been impossible without him), and if Ragnar wanted, he could have used it as leverage to keep their alliance intact. But, he was acting as Horik's lackey for the longest time, and I don't think Borg saw a difference between the two - which is most likely the reason, for why he attacked Kattlegat, in the first place.

The part that really got me though, was when Ragnar invited Jarl Borg into his house as a sign of "good will", but it ended up being a ruse to kill him. He didn't honorably challenge Borg to a duel, or meet him in battle. Instead, he chose to butcher him in the most cowardly and humiliating way possible.

Yeah, Ragnar's family suffered when they were being hunted by Borg, but none of them died. He reclaimed Kattlegat, and regained everything he lost, but he still wanted to appease his lust for blood. And it didn't just end there. Ragnar's men butcher all of Horik's children, except for his only son. He clearly didn't have any empathy when it came to other people's children.

Ragner has some redeeming qualities, but he strikes me as someone who craves fame and power, and won't hesitate to kill anyone whom he sees as a threat. He also doesn't like to share in the glory of their exploits - Floki designs his ships, and Rollo's the most powerful berserker in their army, but they're both conveniently left in the background.

As for the historical accounts, I think all of that pillaging, raping, and killing of the innocent needed some necessary repercussions :lol.

Just a heads up, Ragnar didn't butcher all of Horiks children, just the boys. He let the girls go as well as his oldest son which kind of defeats the purpose as the whole point was that Horiks name and bloodline would end there. Unless they castrate his son.

Just a heads up, Ragnar didn't butcher all of Horiks children, just the boys. He let the girls go as well as his oldest son which kind of defeats the purpose as the whole point was that Horiks name and bloodline would end there. Unless they castrate his son.

Actually, Ragnar gave the order to kill all of Horik's children, except for his eldest son. If you rewatch the scene, you'll see Horik's daughters being dead, bloodied, and lying in their beds. The girls who were spared by Bjorn, were the handmaidens.

Actually, Ragnar gave the order to kill all of Horik's children, except for his eldest son. If you rewatch the scene, you'll see Horik's daughters being dead, bloodied, and lying in their beds. The girls who were spared by Bjorn, were the handmaidens.

Were they really? Huh, I thought for sure it was just the boys. I'll definitely have to rewatch it.

Yeah, there was a lot going on in that scene. I think the final episode, really cemented Ragnar's transition into the "dark side". Although, I'm surprised that he didn't follow through the same decision for Jarl Borg's unborn child. He could have had Borg's pregnant wife killed, but he chose to spare her.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's your TV schedule in Colombia, but it's starts on Feb. 19th in the U.S.

they're back. dirty, filthy, bloodthirsty, and conqueror. a recap episode...lookin forward to next Thursday

Last night's episode ended with quite the shocker. The way it was done left me thinking "did that really just happen", and then the next scenes with Ragnar answered it.

I just recently started watching the show myself, and blew through seasons one and two, got caught up with three by Wednesday and watched it last night. It sucks having to wait another week to see what happens next and not be able to binge watch LOL.

No figures but a few customs have been made. Love the show. Up there with Hell on Wheels for me.

Back