Hi I am new, have I bought from the wrong place?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiftwilly

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello all, just got into hot toys and been buying them mainly from sideshow, but over the past few days i realised there is alternative websites that sells it for only slightly cheaper, such as alterego and the australian website popculcha. Have I made a slight boo boo buying from the official sideshow store? However I see most people buy from there, what is wrong with those alternative websites? Is there a better place to buy than sideshow?

Thanks, new to the scene.

Although I've been collecting for over 25 years I'm fairly new to the Hot Toys scene having just got into them a year ago.
In my limited experience I try to buy from Sideshow directly when I can on higher end pieces mainly for the customer service if anything goes wrong.
I had an issue with the HT 1989 Batmobile that called for replacement and also with the last 1/6 Batman figure. Both were bought from well known stores other than Sideshow. I had problems with replacements for both items where it seemed that Sideshow customers had a much better experience.
Also if you plan on future Sideshow purchases you build up points for discounts.
Just my personal experience and your mileage may vary.

Sideshow = good CS policy that offers replacements or refunds for defective items; reward points that reduce the cost of future purchases; coupons that reduce the cost of current items; access to exclusive accessories for some items.

If you're not in Australia then buying from popcultcha will attract a hefty shipping price.

Hello all, just got into hot toys and been buying them mainly from sideshow, but over the past few days i realised there is alternative websites that sells it for only slightly cheaper, such as alterego and the australian website popculcha. Have I made a slight boo boo buying from the official sideshow store? However I see most people buy from there, what is wrong with those alternative websites? Is there a better place to buy than sideshow?

Thanks, new to the scene.

Are you in Australia?
Those of us that are here often buy from Popcultcha as its nice to have a local store option (with free in country shipping!), which means they bear the international shipping risk (damage in transit, lost packages, exchange fluctuations, etc....) from companies like Enterbay/Sideshow/Hot Toys.

Sideshow is only worth buying from if they have an exclusive extra in the products you want....and/or collecting reward points is important to you.

Depend with your location though, search closest one so you can save money on shipping / postage.

Back