Help with SSC Jason VII Customization

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fsquare

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm about to start a customization project which will be my first. I have a Sideshow Jason VII complete figure. I have a few questions i thought maybe someone could help me with. If this is the wrong section to post this in, MODs feel free to move.

1) If i strip the rubber suit off the SS body, how easy is it to put it on a muscular ttm20 or ACI Bruce/Christian body but keeping the SS hands/forearms?

2) I'd like to weather the outfit a little more which from reading should be easy enough but i really want a darker green or even a dark blue color. Is it easier to dry brush to get this color or would it be best to dye the whole outfit? From watching the movie many times it looks like it's a dark green but the lighting has it looking blue in some shots.

Appreciate any help i can get

Thanks

I started that project myself a while back but the sideshow figure was produced on such a small body I think you would have to destroy the rubber suit to make it usable on a larger figure.

I forget where I saw it but there was someone who put the suit on an aci muscle body...tight fit but it was done

Heat the suit with a hair dryer and it will slide onto other bodies. You will need to section it.

Thanks EVILFACE

As for the weathering. Is it best to use acrylics water based paints and use a dry brush technique for the outfit as well? Should I go with black/dark brown to do that or a darker green?

Back