Help with custom Dexter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggywas

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been putting together a custom Dexter figure from various parts I got on eBay, and would like some help on 2 issues I am facing:

a) As you can see in the close-up photo, the nose was scratched during assembly, and the paint there has been rubbed off. Since I have absolutely NO painting skills or knowledge, could someone point me towards the easiest way to fix this?
b) The head sculpt comes with a pretty nice (albeit a bit thin) neck, so I can't use an advanced muscular body or something. You can see a pretty big gap on the right and left side of the neck, between it and the shoulders. Any idea how I could somehow "fill" this so that it looks more natural?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2075_zps93934f22.jpg

IMG_2076_zps3c6950f3.jpg

I would suggest taking a Dremel hand tool and take the neck completely off the Head Sculpt and drilling it out, buying a muscle body eg HitFigure so it has a realistic muscle neck. For the nose, not sure of anything else but mixing a small amount of paint up!

depending on what the base paint is or what kind of clear coat it has, you can you pastel chaulk or even high quality colored pencils. After applying the color, you can use a smudgie, or roll a piece of white paper up really tight so there is a pointy tip on it and gently rub the chaulk or lead in to blend it. I would start with as light of a color as you can and go darker, its easier to go darker than lighter. When your done, I would dull coat it. It sounds like the original painter did not put a protective coat on it when it was done which is why it scratched so easily.

Back