Help with Chopper Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermarvel1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't think I was mentally challenged, but who knew?! Any tricks to getting his mask to stay on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

You could also dip the mask in boiling water for about 30 seconds, if you're cool with taking a bit of a risk. But try the blow dryer method out first.

Yep, just falls off. The filling on the inside of the mask is uneven too, is that normal? Heavier on one side.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers, but I found the problem...what are the odds I get a mask with an air bubble on one side?! As much as it hurt, I dremeled the bubble down to a hollow center and the mask fits.:duh

Wow, a bubble on a factory mask...haven't heard about one before...and I bought the Scar and Celtic when they released in China, so I have been following HT Preds as long as anyone.

So you don't think I'm full of it!!!

predator008.jpg

Dude can you take some pics of the inside of it? I'm curious on how it looks like. And by the way the lenses look. That's definitely not a recast...but then again recasts are getting better and better these days.

Not quite as bad, the plastic was cooled with an air pocket in it, they must be removed from the mold before the process is complete.

That sucks. You got it from ebay? Maybe you should as for partial money back because it was not mentioned? Was it new out of the box or opened?

New in the box. The seller was one of the best I've ever dealt with, I'm not looking to profit from it, so it's fine for me as is now. The goal is to get as many Predators as I can without going broke!! I'm two down and at least 2 to go that I've seen. Ancient and Scar are next!! I"ve seen them for 11 to 15 hundred?!! I can wait!:horror

my celtic had a small bubble in the bottom of its mask.
it was probably more common back then before ht could afford better molding tech/materials like they have now.

New in the box. The seller was one of the best I've ever dealt with, I'm not looking to profit from it, so it's fine for me as is now. The goal is to get as many Predators as I can without going broke!! I'm two down and at least 2 to go that I've seen. Ancient and Scar are next!! I"ve seen them for 11 to 15 hundred?!! I can wait!:horror

Nah realistically, a Scar would run about $350-$450 and Ancient would be around $550-$650. It's not cheap still but not as bad as you thought it was. :D

Back