Hello from the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenwells

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone

My name is Darren and I live in England (the UK).
Since I can remember I've always liked to collect or create things but I've had to stop my obsession for collecting because it gets out of control!

The last 'thing' I collected were Star Wars action figures, it's all currently boxed up in the attic! I've been selling it off as and when.

My main passion in life is Music, this lead to me buying a button badge making machine around 2004 and I went on to start selling my creations in 2005. This has turned from hobby into full time job and I'm now working towards becoming a full scale music merchandise operation but that's going to take a lot of hard work... which I'm not affraid of.

Anyway, I came across this forum because I'm currently working on creating a 1/6 scale action figure as a prize draw for people who buy one of my future badge/goodie sets!
Well, the idea started off as just the head would be placed in one of the sets for one lucky person but since looking around I have been bitten with the bug and want to make the whole figure with a proper box.

I've got to say there are some talented people in the world of kit bashing, I'm looking to learn from the best and maybe my one-off will lead me to create more figures???

I'm starting off with an old 'Action Man' or for you American neighbours 'G.I. Joe' :wink1: and have been buying any clothes and accessories suitable for my creation over the past week.

I'll probably be asking some stupid question along the way but please forgive me I'm very much green to all this! I'm very much looking forward to getting involved around here :)

Welcome there are some very talented people on here.
I'm not one of them though and can't offer no help at all:)

If I can help or point you in the right direction I will best of luck;)

Thanks very much but don't put yourself down, I've had a look at your thread and the customs you've done look stunning! ;)

Thanks very much but don't put yourself down, I've had a look at your thread and the customs you've done look stunning! ;)

Thanks:wink1: thanks any help I can give just give me a shout.

Am sure you'll find your way around but be warned, lots of inspiring stuff on here and it may take over your life:)

Nice one, much appreciated :)

haha I think it already is!! Only supposed to be a side project but I've 'forgot' about my house/buisness/dog already :D

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, Darren! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Back