Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hellboy PF

I humbly disagree with your opinion disagreeing with my opinion that hellboy comics not written and drawn by Mignola being meh. I think the Mignola style art and Mignola style story/plot go hand in hand. If you take one away then the impact is not the same and it just doesn't feel like hellboy anymore.

The more I see the hellboy PF the more I think it is awesome. I think this is the only piece from comicon that I need! Are there any high resolution, multi angle pics other than the ones on this thread?

That's cool man, everyone's got different opinions, I just don't think I'd describe anything written by Mignola for Hellboy as meh and as such wanted to get across to any new readers that just because Mike doesn't draw the later books, doesn't mean they're not really good.

I totally respect that you felt some of the magic was gone when Mike left pencil duties and I shared similar misgivings about it, but the wealth of artistic talent on the books since has been amazing and varied with legends like Richard Corben in particular knocking some of the one shots and minis, right out of the park.
I also think Duncan Fegredo has done amazing job on the book for the last few years managing to capture some of that Mignola style without aping him, remaining completely original and compelling in his own right, and from a technical aspect he is a visual storyteller on par with even Mike.
The page below shows off all his chops, the movement and storytelling on show is top drawer.
003.jpg

Having said all that, I'm delighted that Mike has returned to both the writing and art duties once again.

To bring it back to this statue, yea, you can pretty much count me in on the POing for this one too!

This is a must have. I'd say the best thing from Sideshow's display at the con.

The Production Peek looks really nice! I'm really arming up to this and may pick up the comics indeed to familiarize... I've always been curious about Hellboy anyway.

Once a freak I guess :lol

This one came out of left field in that I hadn't heard anything about it before I started watching the SDCC videos. Very happy to see it's full reveal. Will very likely be PO'ing this one especially with the EX COH with full horns.

I love Hellboy and Mike Mignola so I should get this. I have his black and white Batman, which IMO is one of the best statues out there. Even better than this piece. It looks straight from off the paper. Can't believe it's a DC Direct piece.

Last edited:

Yeah finally a Comic Style Hellboy. Im happy.

Last edited:

I went ahead and ordered the hardcover first volume that collects seed of destruction and whatever the followup run was too. I hope I enjoy it :)

If so then this piece is a sure fire get for me. I really like it. The base is honestly my favorite part it's beautiful. Following that is this incredible headsculpt and coat.

I went ahead and ordered the hardcover first volume that collects seed of destruction and whatever the followup run was too. I hope I enjoy it :)

I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, the art looks even better and the story more engrossing with the big size and the binding and presentation that Dark Horse gives you with these HC volumes is really excellent.

I can't wait, instant order the day it goes up. Now I just wish they also made a Lobster Johnson PF to go along with this.

Grail status on this one, the hellboy to have.

I think this is a cool piece, but definitely not for me. Which makes me happy since I'm not up to purchase anything. Congrats to all those who love it!

Back