Head size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax murderer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so I have a Marmit Boba Fett that I want to do a little work on. Specifically, I want to put a real head on him instead of the Marmit Ball.Ideally, it would be a Temura Morrison sculpt.Have a cast of the Hasblo Jango, which is as big as the helmet and therefore un-useable.Now thinking Sideshow. My question(finally);will a SST clone sculpt fit inside the Marmit helmet?Inquiring minds want to know...PS

Nope. Sorry. Its too big. (That's what she said!) :wink1:

I have a Marmit Boba that I customed up years ago when he came out. The head I have under the helmet on mine is a Snake Eyes head from Hasbro's 'Hall of Fame' series from back then:
attachment.php

It fits nicely. I basically used this head and painted the black balaclava white and, because of the scar across one of his eyes, I painted that eye white and the other dark brown and gave him dark eyebrows. Remember back then we didn't know what Fett looked like, or that he was even a Jango clone! :lol

But that size head fits just fine. I tried some other Sideshow clone heads, namely Rex and Bly, that have no hair and they still didn't fit. We could try cast one up and shrink it about 10%?

isn't there a way to shrink the sculpt some?............the soak in acetone trick?........not sure if it would shrink enough but seems i've read about such things.

That only works on rotocast vinyl heads, like barbie or GI Joe Hasbro heads. On our solid (except for neck plug hole) SS heads an acetone bath wouldn't be a good idea. You can shrink the solid SS heads by casting them and shrinking the mold.

That only works on rotocast vinyl heads, like barbie or GI Joe Hasbro heads. On our solid (except for neck plug hole) SS heads an acetone bath wouldn't be a good idea. You can shrink the solid SS heads by casting them and shrinking the mold.

so it could work on the original hasbro jango head then?

so it could work on the original hasbro jango head then?

DOH! Yes it would, if you want to risk maybe damaging it, but it would. Its also a crap shoot. You won't be able to gauge how much it will (or won't) shrink.

What about this head? Its from the Electronic Jango fett figure Hasbro put out around Episode 2:
2rf6b2o.jpg

sw_saga_12_electronic_jango.jpg

Its a 12 inch figure but the head is smaller and should fit in the Marmit Boba helmet without any problems. I have one and can check....

I have that electronic Jango Fett and, unfortunately, the head is larger than the Hasbro "Ultimate Villain" Jango Fett head. The helmet for the electronic figure is huge as well.

FRIG! My memory thought the Electronic Jango head was smaller, but you are right! The Marmit Boba helmet won't fit on it. Sorry. Here are some pics of my Marmit Boba with the Electronic Jango:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thank you;guess I'll have to do this the hard way(Algenate,wax, re-sculpt etc.)...PS

could you replace the Marmit Boba helmet with a larger one? I was thinking of doing something similar with mine, i've got a few Tomy mini helmets on the way, and was going to see how the Marmit looked swapped out with the Tomy one, i'm not sure if its any larger though. Personally i think the Marmit helmet is slightly indersized.

could you replace the Marmit Boba helmet with a larger one? I was thinking of doing something similar with mine, i've got a few Tomy mini helmets on the way, and was going to see how the Marmit looked swapped out with the Tomy one, i'm not sure if its any larger though. Personally i think the Marmit helmet is slightly indersized.

The Tomy version is just slightly smaller than the Medi and unlike the Medi it has a thick inside plastic coating, dremel that sucker out, and it could work...

The Tomy version is just slightly smaller than the Medi and unlike the Medi it has a thick inside plastic coating, dremel that sucker out, and it could work...

argh, damn, i was hoping it was larger, the paint job and detailing on it look mighty pretty. I figured i might have to dremel it out, but if its smaller, defeats my whole idea. Oh well.

Back