He Man Masters of Universe Boxed Sets - $9.99 at Worst Buy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be regional. i've never had a problem with the best buy around here for the last 15 years. they never try to sell me mags or stuff i dont need. the only thing they try to push are warrenties and all you have to do is say no once and that's that. they are the only store in the area that has a decent selection of dvd's and cd's. wal-mart doesnt have crap. they try to ban everything that isnt family friendly.:rolleyes:

Once in a blue moon the cashier will ask if I want magazines and I just say no. She just waves the card like she doesn't care. Warrenties they'll ask, but they don't push it. All stores ask about warranties now, even Walmart. As for Circuit City, I'm pretty much ignored when I go in there and I have to hunt someone down to check out. And to ask about anything, since I'm a single woman, for some reason they just think I'm window shopping. I notice couples get alot more attention. I only go in there if there's a bonus on a dvd I want. Other than that, forget it.

Mesa, the regional manager in your area isn't doing his job. You should complain to Best Buy themselves. They have email addys. But just remember, when they do a good job, or any business, you should tell them about it too, not when you have a complaint. There are complaint sites about most stores. Walmart has the most. As for rude people. I think this is something that is happening more and more. The whole world is getting ruder. It's sad.

I love the rewardzone program that they have. I'm on the premier silver one and hoping to get on the black. It has really paid off for me.

Once in a blue moon the cashier will ask if I want magazines and I just say no. She just waves the card like she doesn't care. Warrenties they'll ask, but they don't push it. All stores ask about warranties now, even Walmart. As for Circuit City, I'm pretty much ignored when I go in there and I have to hunt someone down to check out. And to ask about anything, since I'm a single woman, for some reason they just think I'm window shopping. I notice couples get alot more attention. I only go in there if there's a bonus on a dvd I want. Other than that, forget it.

Mesa, the regional manager in your area isn't doing his job. You should complain to Best Buy themselves. They have email addys. But just remember, when they do a good job, or any business, you should tell them about it too, not when you have a complaint. There are complaint sites about most stores. Walmart has the most. As for rude people. I think this is something that is happening more and more. The whole world is getting ruder. It's sad.

I love the rewardzone program that they have. I'm on the premier silver one and hoping to get on the black. It has really paid off for me.

Complaining to anyone associated with bestbuy doesn't do any good. I know, I've tried. I've had numerous bad experiences with them from different stores in different states, and I have tried to complain. the 1-800 number is a joke. I think this "screw the customer" mentality is part of their business model.

I'm a frugal shopper, shoot, in this hobby I need to be. I look at sales ads. I fill out and return warranties. I check the clearance racks. If their is a coupon available, I'm not ashamed to use it. I'm not cheap, I spend a lot of money, but I want to get the most for my dollar. Bestbuy doesn't want people like me in their store. Their CEO came out publicly and said they don't want "devil customers," and will not cater to them. They want to tagret the people that don't shop for bargains and don't return defective items and purchase warranties that will never be exercised and if they are won't be honored. They want people that are too ignorant to realize you dont NEED a $100 Monster cable and can find an alternative online for $15.

Wall Street Journal article about CEO Brad Anderson about "devil shoppers."

devil shopper info

more devil shopper info

Seriously all chain electronics stores suck!
Best Buy, FYE, Suncoast, Circuit City...customer service sucks and they don't know crap about the stuff they sell...
so, I try to inform myself about everything, including discounts on e-tailers and all that, and just go to brick and mortar stores when it's absolutely necessary and I don't have any questions...

Just got back from Best Buy with a complete set of MOTU :rock The wife also wanted to She-Ra, but they were out.

I have never had an issue with Best Buy. Service had been great where I live, in fact I usually buy my new DVDs there and the clerk usually tries mentioning the promotions, but I just tell them I'm not interested and they leave me alone. I just bought all 4 box sets this morning and am enjoying watching the episodes and reminiscing about my childhood.

These MOTU sets are more than worth it at that price. They come with extras, and the presentation is well above the norm.

If the Thundercats sets ever go on sale, please gimme a heads up!

Thanks for the tip guys i came home with the whole series for just $40 :chew
Even the cashier was surprised that each set was $9.99. After watching some episodes I am even more pumped for the new figures coming out in October!!!

I loved He-man action figures as a kid and had a bunch on them, but the cartoon was hella gay IMO. I could just never get into it. I think it was the whole wussy Prince Adam and the timid Cringer that annoyed me.

I picked up the sets today..not sure when I'll get around to watching them but they sure do bring back memories.

I remember when only the toy art represented MOTU I imagined this amazing universe that was sort of a cross between Conan, The Road Warrior, and Star Wars. Then the cartoon came and it seemed quite ridiculous in comparison. My friends and I used to laugh at it even as we'd watch it religiously.

But somehow it still has a charm, possibly more now than when it was originally released. Adam and Cringer were lame at first but now its hard to imagine He-Man without his iconic transformation sequence. I'm still entertained by the cartoon. Its fun to watch and a great blast back to the 80's.

I couldnt resist.......I ended up buying both full seasons :)

9.99.....is too good of a deal to pass up!

thanks for the heads up on this....I would have never known about it otherwise

But somehow it still has a charm, possibly more now than when it was originally released. Adam and Cringer were lame at first but now its hard to imagine He-Man without his iconic transformation sequence. I'm still entertained by the cartoon. Its fun to watch and a great blast back to the 80's.

That's the truth! The cartoon is pretty weak, even by 80's standards; but the nostalgia factor and rampant homosexual innuendo make it a classic. I watched the first disc last night and had a blast... only 123 episodes to go :google

Complaining to anyone associated with bestbuy doesn't do any good. I know, I've tried. I've had numerous bad experiences with them from different stores in different states, and I have tried to complain. the 1-800 number is a joke. I think this "screw the customer" mentality is part of their business model.

I'm a frugal shopper, shoot, in this hobby I need to be. I look at sales ads. I fill out and return warranties. I check the clearance racks. If their is a coupon available, I'm not ashamed to use it. I'm not cheap, I spend a lot of money, but I want to get the most for my dollar. Bestbuy doesn't want people like me in their store. Their CEO came out publicly and said they don't want "devil customers," and will not cater to them. They want to tagret the people that don't shop for bargains and don't return defective items and purchase warranties that will never be exercised and if they are won't be honored. They want people that are too ignorant to realize you dont NEED a $100 Monster cable and can find an alternative online for $15.

Wall Street Journal article about CEO Brad Anderson about "devil shoppers."

devil shopper info

more devil shopper info

Here's a quote from the article:

"The devils are its worst customers. They buy products, apply for rebates, return the purchases, then buy them back at returned-merchandise discounts. They load up on "loss leaders," severely discounted merchandise designed to boost store traffic, then flip the goods at a profit on eBay. They slap down rock-bottom price quotes from Web sites and demand that Best Buy make good on its lowest-price pledge. "They can wreak enormous economic havoc," says Mr. Anderson."

I can see his point. Especially the second line there.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with Best Buy and when I have, they've taken care of it. I've emailed when they've charged me wrong and they fixed it. The people who work at the Best Buys in my area have always been nice to me. Sorry that your experience hasn't been so great.

I've been watching the episodes since I bought the box sets yesterday and though slightly cheesy the show is still fun to watch. I remembered it as be dated and goofy, but watching them over again several years later the episodes have nice stories and the animation is pretty good especially compared to today's cartoons. I experienced some wonderful nostalgia and recalled each of the episodes vividly.

"The devils are its worst customers. They buy products, apply for rebates, return the purchases, then buy them back at returned-merchandise discounts. They load up on "loss leaders," severely discounted merchandise designed to boost store traffic, then flip the goods at a profit on eBay. They slap down rock-bottom price quotes from Web sites and demand that Best Buy make good on its lowest-price pledge. "They can wreak enormous economic havoc," says Mr. Anderson."

Anyway, I've never had a problem with Best Buy and when I have, they've taken care of it. I've emailed when they've charged me wrong and they fixed it. The people who work at the Best Buys in my area have always been nice to me. Sorry that your experience hasn't been so great.

So it's the customer's fault for taking advantage of sales and rebates? :confused:

If the company doesn't want to sell things at that price, they shouldn't. Plain and simple. The devil customers aren't doing anything illegal or unethical. Don't advertise lowest prices if you don't want customers to buy those items. Change store policy if unwilling to honor the lowest price match from brick/mortar stores.

I'm glad people are taking advantage of this sale, not sure how much longer it will last. And I have a sense of satisfaction that this is most likely a loss leader or a price mistake and BB isn't making much of a profit, if any, at this price.

Yeah, return scammers are causing these stores alot of $$$. They're the reason you don't find great deals much nowadays at retail chains. Probably the reason the assoicates are such a-holes at your store Scott. I remember reading over at slickdeals of a member here (same user name)...something of getting a free washer for putting a simular ^^ scam to work. Greedy Crook.

Last edited:
Back