Having trouble scaling down my collection. Advice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've sold a lot of my collection over the past few years. I've kept maybe 10% of my original collection. I don't really miss the items I sold. The reason for my sell off is that I am a new father ... trust me, kids change your life AND the way you value your collection.

Like others have said, if you aren't displaying it what's the point of keeping it? I end up cycling through lots of different figures, statues, comics, etc enjoying it for a few years and moving on to new things.

When your wife/significant other isn't looking, ask each of your figures an intimate question. Whomever answers you with sarcasm or doesn't look you back in the eye are the ones to go. I've tried, it works.

In that case you keep them all.
That was not an option, hence the asking for help thread to try and trim his collection down. Apparently though he figured it out, checked and he has not even been on here for 6 months. Guess he sold them all or got buried by the mass of them.

I think having a number limit is probably a good idea. If you find yourself going over that maximum number you set, then it's time to have a look at figures already aquired and decide on if you'd rather keep them, or the new ones coming out.

The collection numbers can swell pretty quickly when you're collecting a certain line. I've gone from 8 figures to 25 in less than 2 years. That's a pretty big jump for me seeing as it took 2 years to get those first 8 figures.

Like others have said, if you aren't displaying it what's the point of keeping it? I end up cycling through lots of different figures, statues, comics, etc enjoying it for a few years and moving on to new things.
That's my problem. I opened every figure I bought. I want to show ir

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I'm actually approaching the stage of trimming down my collection as well. I'll be building my man cave in the coming months and there is NO WAY everything will fit. I want my final collection to be closest to everything that makes me happy. Parting with some items will be tough, but will be worth it afterward.

Back