Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that, and it really was a minor change, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But the Elder Wand is a Deathly Hallow. It would have been like breaking up Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince into that and Harry Potter and Snape.

Not really the same thing as nothing happens with Snape after you discover he's THBP. There is a ton more focus, mystery and discovery about the Wand, its maker, location and how it relates to Harry and Voldy's wands than the other 2 Hallows. The first movie can focus on the Horcruxes and discovery of the Hallows. The next can focus on Voldy & The Elder Wand. Plus it's a noun and magical like the other titles, it's a chapter title about halfway through the book and one of the three titles JK considered for the final book, Harry Potter and the Peverell Quest being the other. 'HP & The Elder Wand' sounds better than 'HP & The Hunt for the Horcruxs'. :D

Last edited:
Since she considered it for a title Harry Potter and the Elder Wand sounds good to me. Although I think it would be even better if she came up with an all new title. I like the peverell quest as well.

I like "...the Elder Wand" too. But she could call it "HP and the End of Days" or something.

I'm really nervous about how that epilogue is going to be handled. The Benjamin Button technology worked pretty well on Brad Pitt, but that doesn't mean it's the right choice for a situation like this. If they screw up what is already a deleted-scene-worthy conclusion in the first place, it would be a sad end to an eight film series.

I like the epilogue. But I think its unnecessary for the film. That was just Rowling's way of giving the readers a firm end.

The Benjamin Button technology isn't anything special, it's just a lot of work--which is why they won't do it that way, it's not worth the cost of making a photo-real CG aged version of the actors just for that small part. Most likely they'll use different actors or use makeup.

Yes, but I think it was a little more than that. I think she was effectively saying that Harry went on to get married and have kids and didn't have any other big exciting adventures.

Although I think we'd all be willing to read books about Harry working cases as an auror.

I just don't think the actors are old enough to play characters in their thirties. It's easier to age someone into old age with makeup, but making a 20 year old look like they're in their mid thirties is tough. Replacing them with older actors is out of the question--or at least I hope it is. I just know that the two appearances of a younger Patrick Stewart in X3 and Wolverine were far from convicing for me and were actually quite distracting. I just don't see how they can pull the epilogue off with anything that doesn't feel unnatural and yank you out of the film.

They should talk to the casting people from Lost. They have done such a great job of matching up older and younger actors for the same part.

That's true--they have really done a good job, particularly with young Ben.

But with HP8 (or is it 7.2?), I don't think we want the closing moments of the series to be with previously unfamiliar actors. Radcliffe & Co. will have earned the closing shot by then--it's just that they won't be old enough yet. It's a tricky situation...

Back