Happy veteran's day 2011!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread.

Thanks to the Vets out there!

Veterans deserve to be thanked and remembered everyday not just on Veterans Day.

I second this. Having served and having a spouse that serves, I know the hardships our military endures. God bless all of you!

Today is also End of War Day in Belgium, the official end of the 1st World War. It's cool that Vet's Day and EoW Day are both today.

Thanks and You're welcome. :wave

To my fellow Veterans...Semper Fi!

:flag
ec3eec9e-c7fc-453d-b3e1-dfe9ed68ff3c.P4Avatar.jpg
:flag

Preparing to go the the Military Parade for Vet's Day here. And just heard I'm gonna get promoted to Master Corporal! :yess::yess::yess:

Is Vet's Day limited to the US?

Preparing to go the the Military Parade for Vet's Day here. And just heard I'm gonna get promoted to Master Corporal! :yess::yess::yess:

No, all citizens of the countries whom are members on this board should be appreciative of their military service members, and should thank them. Congrats on your promotion and enjoy the parade.

November 11 was originally observed as Armistice Day. Cessation of hostilities in 1918 took effect at 11:00am, 11th day of the 11th month. After WWII, it was changed to Veterans' Day in the U.S., and Remembrance Day in the British Commonwealth nations.

November 11 was originally observed as Armistice Day. Cessation of hostilities in 1918 took effect at 11:00am, 11th day of the 11th month. After WWII, it was changed to Veterans' Day in the U.S., and Remembrance Day in the British Commonwealth nations.

That is what we're still celebrating here in Belgium.

Back