Halo: ODST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, First off let me say that this game is a lot of fun to play, but.

There has been no real effort by Bungie to improve the game graphically, the gameplay has not really improved either. Plus the game should have been half of what the full asking price is, I was lucky and got it cheaper than most people.
I can only hope that Halo Reach looks more like a game that's updated graphically from Halo 3 with some fresh maps and multiplayer games we have not seen before.
Yes, ODST has out sold Killzone 2 in 24 hours, but that's a shame, because IMO Killzone 2 is a better game.
Modern Warfare 2 will end up owning both games though, so who cares?

OK, First off let me say that this game is a lot of fun to play, but.

There has been no real effort by Bungie to improve the game graphically, the gameplay has not really improved either. Plus the game should have been half of what the full asking price is, I was lucky and got it cheaper than most people.
I can only hope that Halo Reach looks more like a game that's updated graphically from Halo 3 with some fresh maps and multiplayer games we have not seen before.
Yes, ODST has out sold Killzone 2 in 24 hours, but that's a shame, because IMO Killzone 2 is a better game.
Modern Warfare 2 will end up owning both games though, so who cares?

I agree with this for the most part. ODST should've been a $20 DLC like the GTA add-ons. Killzone 2 was a blast while it lasted, but it got old after you finished the campaign.

Not too upset about it, though. I got ODST for $40 and will probably sell it in a month or so.

I do agree that Killzone 2 is the better value, but it's a contentious argument over which is the better game overall (I could add Gears 2 into the mix). In my opinion, I enjoyed ODST quite a bit and I don't feel ripped for buying it. It's not the worst $60 value out there by far, just not the best. Good thing I got a lot of free stuff with it.

I finished the campaign today (after 3 days of 2-3 hour spurts each) and I want a SEQUEL! I want to follow the adventures and exploits of this awesome squad of ODSTs. They are the sole reason that I liked this game more than Halo 3.

I do agree that Killzone 2 is the better value, but it's a contentious argument over which is the better game overall (I could add Gears 2 into the mix). In my opinion, I enjoyed ODST quite a bit and I don't feel ripped for buying it. It's not the worst $60 value out there by far, just not the best. Good thing I got a lot of free stuff with it.

I finished the campaign today (after 3 days of 2-3 hour spurts each) and I want a SEQUEL! I want to follow the adventures and exploits of this awesome squad of ODSTs. They are the sole reason that I liked this game more than Halo 3.

I think the game was worth the purchase, although for me I spent like $37 on it, then got a $20GC as well as the free figure. By the looks of the ending though it could lead right into a sequel, and I would buy that one as well.

Here goes a WIP, had wanted to do it before (year or so), but got pumped to do it when McFarlane made the ODST helmet in 1:6 scale.

201_1101.jpg

Still got alot of work, hopefully I finish this and dont let it sit around half finished like I do alot with customs.

I'm sorry if someone else posted this question before me...but can we use the ODST soldiers in online multiplayer ?

Hmmm.... while I thought the lack of matchmaking would be a good thing. After spending much time hoping some of my friends would hop online, I hope that Bungie puts matchmaking back in their first update.

Firefight is the main reason I bought this game, and I'm sure many people would agree with me that they need to add the ability to jump in a match at any time they start the game up, not just when they have enough friends playing. What's gonna happen once MW2 comes out in Nov.??? I predict a lot of used copies of ODST on gamestop shelves.

I guess the reason I dont miss Matchmaking for Firefight is thats the kind of game I really just want to play with friends.

Firefight has kept me busy that last few days I haven't even touched the campaign except for the first day cracking it open, so its worth the purchase for me just one that level... I haven't even tried any other map than the first daytime Crater and have gotten to the second skull on the second set, I'll be playing for a while.

This game is more then worth the $60 to me. Campaign is fun and firefight is great. This game beats KZ2 very easy IMO. I hope we get more halo games like this.

Firefight has kept me busy that last few days I haven't even touched the campaign except for the first day cracking it open, so its worth the purchase for me just one that level... I haven't even tried any other map than the first daytime Crater and have gotten to the second skull on the second set, I'll be playing for a while.

Been playing online or doing the Firefight thing solo?

Online. My wife and I, my best friend and his wife. Its pretty funny to hear the girls start screaming when they are being chased by a Hunter Brute or Gravity Hammer wielding one. Although I'm hoping to play online with a few FREAKS if I can get one without the wife and friends wanting to get on as well :lol

Must be nice, my wife doesn't play video games other than Super Mario Bros. 3 and Wii Bowling. :monkey2

this game has bought me some time before MW2 and that's a good thing but it isn't worth the $60 I paid. fun but feels like a $30 download to me.

this game has bought me some time before MW2 and that's a good thing but it isn't worth the $60 I paid. fun but feels like a $30 download to me.

If Firefight were matchmaking compatible it would have been worth the $60 to me but the single player and way Firefight is now, no. $30, yes, but not $60.

:joy finally got to play FF with some of the freaks! thanks for the game guys! tnaig001 aka Jaaamesz

Back