Hallmark X-Mas Ornament

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandier

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone else bought one of the Gandalf the Grey Ornaments from Hallmark as of yet? Just received mine Saturday. Pretty nice & worth the cash. I think my wife bought it for $13 or $14. It has him holding his pipe close to his mouth with one hand and his staff in the other.

I had thought that the Frodo figure last year was the last of the ornaments. Does anyone know how many different ones there are? I only know of these 2, but never thought to look. Just happened across the Frodo, but did not buy it. I kind of wish I would have now.

Yeah, my folks got it for me actually. It's neat for what it is and I have Frodo from last year. I can't wait have all 9.

I just recently got the Gandalf and Frodo too.For the money they are pretty cool.I also got some of the Star Wars ornaments as well.The Vader is a must have...he talks. :cool:

Can someone please enlighten me about SW and LOTR Christmas ornaments? Do you guys hang these on Christmas trees? :horror Or what else would you do with them?
I'm a Catholic, and Christmas in Germany is still about why and when Jesus was born so Star Wars on a Christmas tree would be nothing but Blasphemy.

:confused:

Yep, I guess that they are hung on trees. I wouldnt mind getting one but I doubt mum would want Gandalf on our christmas tree.
At my house we got plently of ornaments that arent traditional on our tree. We are a very non religious (atheist) household, so we have a lighthouse with Santa going around it on his sleigh on top of the tree. No star or angel.
I dont think about Jesus or whatever has anything to do with Christmas. (He obviously does but I just dont belive all that and I dont give it any thought during the Christmas season) :banana

Hallmark X mas Ornament

Yep, we're with High Elven in this house. The starship Enterprise flies above my Christmas tree and I'll be buying Gandalf when I'm home in the States next week.

Frodo was the first in Hallmark's series, Gandalf the second. We'll see how long they keep the line going.

Department 56 did a series of holiday ornaments in 2001 which included both figures and environments. They're nice too. I especially like the Orthanc one.

I have a Nightmare Before Christmas Tree in my office during the holidays. I think it's hilarious.

While I am not a religious person, I certainly don't belittle those who would prefer to not display these types of ornaments in their home for Christmas.

Goldberry said:
Can someone please enlighten me about SW and LOTR Christmas ornaments? Do you guys hang these on Christmas trees? :horror Or what else would you do with them?
I'm a Catholic, and Christmas in Germany is still about why and when Jesus was born so Star Wars on a Christmas tree would be nothing but Blasphemy.

:confused:
I consider myself to be somewhat religous.That is to say I believe and have faith.Having said that I am nowhere near strick about it.I was raised Lutheran,which is a bit more how do I say it...relaxed maybe? So,yes I put them on our tree.I personally don't see how an ornament or any object in my home would or could affect my beliefs.These are just my own opinions and I certainly can understand those of you who feel differently about it.

thamesvalidude said:
The starship Enterprise flies above my Christmas tree
:google :mwaha If I were to do that my family would send for the men in white uniforms. :D
Thanks for the enlightenment, everybody. :peace

My question was certainly not meant to criticize! I was just curious. So please, do relax old entish. You have no idea just HOW weird this custom sounds to me. But then, some countries celebrate Xmas like we'd celebrate Carnival. Honestly, I'd be all for a big birthday party for Jesus. :fest But alas, all Catholic holidays are serious ones in this country, the best thing about them for me is that we get many bank holidays. I'm probably just Catholic on the paper :D

Hallmark X-mas ornaments

I can asure you Goldberry that getting that "flashing lights" Enterprise up above the Xmas tree has resulted in 10 years of ridicule from my family:

1) Cos it's sooooo geeky :eek:
2) Because I can never get the position quite right. :confused:
3) Because the fitting into the electric light string seems to "beam out"
all too frequently. :rolleyes:
4) Because in our last house we left 9 years worth of drawing pin holes in the
ceiling above where the Xmas tree used to go and from which the
Enterprise was suspended. :naughty

My wife and kids drew the line the year I attempted to put four starships and a Borg cube on the tree! :confused:

Man I am sooooooooooo sad! :banghead

I wouldnt say I'm particularly religious but neither am I a non believer, but I do still prefer to have a star or an angel ontop of my tree, probably because we've used the same one that mum made when she was at school all these years...I'm quite sentimental so xmas is a special time for me, so I wouldnt put anything LOTR related or anything movie related on the tree, but I do have lots of Santa things! But to me that's ok because Santa is a part of xmas, whereas LOTR is not.
I even bought a bloody train to go round the bottom of the tree this year! :D I'm sure my dog will have great fun with that...

Goldberry said:
:google :mwaha If I were to do that my family would send for the men in white uniforms. :D
Thanks for the enlightenment, everybody. :peace

My question was certainly not meant to criticize! I was just curious. So please, do relax old entish. You have no idea just HOW weird this custom sounds to me. But then, some countries celebrate Xmas like we'd celebrate Carnival. Honestly, I'd be all for a big birthday party for Jesus. :fest But alas, all Catholic holidays are serious ones in this country, the best thing about them for me is that we get many bank holidays. I'm probably just Catholic on the paper :D
I am not sure what you meant by "So please,do relax old entish"? I do understand how weird this custom may sound to you as I have relatives that are catholic and are very serious about their beliefs.I hope you did not think I was telling you in anyway to relax about your beliefs,I was just referring to the religion I was raised in. :D I hope I did not offend you in anyway. :peace

X-mas

Christmas has nothing to do with jesus if you look back at the history of it.
They should have made Gandalfs clothes red and dressed Frodo up like a x-mas elf..then put them both in a Santa like sled (a la Gandalfs cart) with trolls or something pulling it!! That i would buy!!

I have both of these, and like them alot.

Next year we'll probably see Aragorn (Strider), Legolas, or Sam I would guess....

Back