Halimaw! 1/4 scale Green Lantern, Robin & Darkseid mixed media statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Before I did research into the sculptures I wanted the superman - batman statue for a few weeks now.. I have seen some pictures with the statue I wanted that paint chips and the kryptonite ring has fallen off. Such a turn off. Never less its still got my attention. :cuckoo:

It's no secret that Sideshow has some of the best sculptors in the business. Their factories are also of a higher caliber compared to some of the items in this thread.

I think where the appeal lies with these Halimaw! statues is in the art direction. Many of us here could play Sideshow Artistic Director and make some of these obvious choices like a 1/4 Darkseid or a Tim Drake Robin. They also saw the need for a 1/4 Hal Jordan for reasons long discussed in these forums. They are looking at what Sideshow has produced thus far and filling in the gaps that Sideshow refuses or just takes a looong time to fill. I can appreciate that they are thinking like fans/for the fans. However, the fact remains that there is a certain element of "cheap knock off" in the final production pieces and some of the execution (Hal Jordan looks like the DC direct and Tin Drake's base looking very familiar).

I like the Hal Jordan as well but don't have that kind of funds right now.
I am still hoping that Sideshow does another Hal soon that displays better with batman and Superman than their previous one :pray:

Yup, a museum GL would be nice

I think the Hal is pretty nice, IMO it is pretty clever to do Stewart and Sinestro COH's as well. Would definitely be a fun piece to own. Will be curious how it scales up to the SS trinity. I am curious how long it will take for SS to do their own revisit.

Horrible capes and that GL too.

It is not to everyones taste, but neither was the SS GL.

I think it is pretty great for a mixed media GL, and actually sizes up properly. The Stewart head is pretty great too for those that got the EX on this one.

Wow. People can be harsh! Then again, it felt like everyone was piling on the SS GL - which I think is magnificent. So I guess you need tough skin if you're going to be a fan of any Hal Jordan statue. :lol

Nice custom capes on Batman and Superman. Really wish SS had gone fully sculpted on the bodies and kept the capes fabric. Less chance of leaning and much easier to assemble and take down. Maybe it's the flash, but I'd want Batman's portrait a bit darker to better match the cape.

The GL statue is nice. It borrows heavily from the DC Direct GL Museum statue, but it's such a great pose to imitate. Love the light-up accessories and switch-out heads. Obviously, I prefer fully sculpted bodies, but the material seems snug enough. I wish the green didn't run so far down his bicep, and it remained around the shoulder. This was an issue with the DC Direct as well. The custom GL looks at home with Batman and Superman. Ultimately, it's not a statue I would purchase because of the mixed media. I feel the SS version blows it out of the water - and that's in sync with my tastes. I can see a lot of people preferring this one, however.

Nice pictures equi-nox76, Love that Green Lantern.
Hopefully SS can make another GL to fit the Trinity.

In that beautiful Fight Club drone.

"His name is John Stewart."

"His name is John Stewart."

Back