Haha! IF ONLY we could have spent so little on Star Wars stuff...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol$3000. I'm sure that's what my mother spent buying Kenner Star Wars back in the 80's for me. That amount means nothing today. This dude ain't trying hard enough.

I'll try to be positive about the article... its kind of a fun read about the collecting/viewing habits of a non-high end fan. So for that it was entertaining... although I'm guessing he hasn't priced out the value of his stuff recently:

I mean, I did buy Star Wars toys but I did not open those which I paid for (they were investments).

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I don't even want to know how much I spent on my collection - not to talk about international shipping too LOL

I had the same reaction when I read this story. 3K is peanuts compared to what most serious SW collectors have spent on SW.

his 300 dollar boba fett i bought nib for less than 20 from target. he clearly does not know ____.

I've spent more than this guy on single purchases, and so have most hardcore collectors, whatever it is they collect. I'm not really sure what to make of the article. Does $3000 over a lifetime of collecting really seem like a big deal to "normal" people?

I've spent more than this guy on single purchases, and so have most hardcore collectors, whatever it is they collect. I'm not really sure what to make of the article. Does $3000 over a lifetime of collecting really seem like a big deal to "normal" people?

But thats over $200 a year! $200! :rotfl

I probably spent more than that on Star Wars trading cards. Then there are Hasbro toys, movie posters, movies (theater, VHS, laserdisc and DVD), video games, replicas, and of course, Sideshow. Not to mention miscellaneous SW merchandise which could be anything from watches to bedding when I was a kid, the list is really endless.

Last edited:

It probably is. :lol

Now those'd make for a romantic night. :lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SqVrJKylAaM?fs=1&hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SqVrJKylAaM?fs=1&hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

Back