Hacksaw Ridge

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Gibson at its best. Regardless of his personal issues, I've always believed him to be an extremely talented individual.

Is he in this?

file_187255_0_duggan.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I saw this last night. It really was a fantastic film. All the performances were great, it was a compelling story, and a nigh unbelievable one, in terms of the incredible feats of heroism of Desmond Doss and all of the men at Hacksaw. It's amazing that he was able to save all those lives without firing a shot, and I'm surprised it took them this long to tell his story. The brutality of war was in full effect, and it was difficult to watch, at times.

I saw this last night. It really was a fantastic film. All the performances were great, it was a compelling story, and a nigh unbelievable one, in terms of the incredible feats of heroism of Desmond Doss and all of the men at Hacksaw. It's amazing that he was able to save all those lives without firing a shot, and I'm surprised it took them this long to tell his story. The brutality of war was in full effect, and it was difficult to watch, at times.

Glad mad max and spider-man was able to revive their careers.

The film is well directed but man, it was hard to get over all the cliches and Hollywood-isms in this movie. This is certainly not an Oscar quality movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want to see this movie so bad, had two missed opportunities due to Lionsgate screwing up the free screenings, but can't wait!!!

The film is well directed but man, it was hard to get over all the cliches and Hollywood-isms in this movie. This is certainly not an Oscar quality movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have some of the same problems. The action scenes, for instance, I felt were extremely well done, when they first arrived at Hacksaw, but I thought it devolved a bit, closer to the climax, with all of the dramatic music and slow-mo shots. I thought the "hardass bully becoming his best friend" bit was a bit of a cliche, but I thought it was executed well enough that it was forgivable.

I did have some of the same problems. The action scenes, for instance, I felt were extremely well done, when they first arrived at Hacksaw, but I thought it devolved a bit, closer to the climax, with all of the dramatic music and slow-mo shots. I thought the "hardass bully becoming his best friend" bit was a bit of a cliche, but I thought it was executed well enough that it was forgivable.

Yea, I think the slow motion grenade kick was a bit overkill, as well as dragging Vince Vaughn while he was shooting the Japanese soldiers. A lot of it just didn't feel real to me, and same with his relationship with his wife, or even how he met her.

When they first arrive at Hacksaw was amazing though, extremely brutal, well shot action sequence, also I thought Hugo Weaving was amazing, for me, he stole every scene he was in.

Watching all the clips the cliche's do look like they're in abundance lol.

But acting and some of the action is what I keep hearing elevates this movie.

I like his beard lol

IMG_6429.JPG

He said unless he slapped on a superhero costume onto the hero of this movie he was stuck with a small budget lol.

My man defintely thinks he's a prophet, I think he has 68 kids now, please play Mad Max again lol.

Back