Grrrr Argh!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odowankenobi, you are correct about the Electric Tiki figures. Still not sure what your problem is with us talking about/hoping for more Sideshow figures. Just determined to rain on someone's parade? Did some 'browncoat' steal your parking space or something?

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive, so again not sure why you are dishing negativity on the rest of us.

I don't expect Sideshow will make any more Buffy figures, and that's realistic. I can still be an optimist that Sideshow will do a 180 and decide to continue the line.

By the way, posting negative comments about us "Whedon" fans doesn't make you a realist, it makes you come off like a jerk. :mad:

One thing that annoys me slightly is how plain the PF Buffy figures are in comparison to some other PF figures. I still really like my PF Buffy figures, but look at the level of detail on some of the other PF figures. Granted, the Buffy characters' costumes are basically regular clothing, but the bases could've been enhanced to compensate. I think the bases should've had a cemetery theme. The base for the new PF Elvira looks really good because of the massive candle stand.

A cemetary motif would have been great as a base for a Buffy PF! All the PF bases are the same, they do have a tile or cobblestone pattern but there's nothing that makes one look any different from another (except the PF name plate of course). The Elvira PF has a 'base-as-environment' thing going on with that candle stand!

Has SSC confirmed that the PF line is dead too? I remember when they said the 12" was through it was said that they would be continuing with the PF line. I pretty much figured it was dead since nothing new has been announced, but wasn’t sure if it was official.

There isn't a Sideshow figure Buffy/Angel "reveal" this year, it looks like the only thing Whedon-related that's an SDCC "reveal" (via Sideshow) is the Electric Tiki Buffy items (which I'm starting to like more and more).

But someday, maybe that will change, as hope still springs eternal in this optimist's-slash-realist's heart... :rolleyes: :D

Speaking of SDCC reveals, does anyone know if there are any other vendors showing Buffy/Angel figures/items?

I just stumbled into this thread, and thought, "Oh, good. It's the troll I ordered." :lol

Ignore the haters. I don't know what this guy gets out of his attitude, but trust me when I say that it has nothing to do with Whedon, Browncoats, vampire slayers, sing-along blogs, or those of us who dig such things.

Personally, while I'll smile and do the Dance of Joy if another figure gets made for any of those franchises, I'm pretty sure that it's unlikely. So I've moved onto other things that are ongoing. But that should be no means discourage anyone from actively encouraging another revisitation. It's like all of those fans at a concert pounding the backs of the seats waiting for the band to come out for an encore. If you're not loud and rowdy and ready to party, why should Sideshow even consider bringing anything new to the table?

I'm just thankful for the great custom artists of this board that have allowed me to continue my Angel collection.

I love it when people blow things out of proportion.

For the record, I am a huge Buffy/Angel/Firefly fan, and I would be just as happy as anyone if the line some day rose from the ashes.

All I am saying is that there are some fans (not all, like some people are trying to say I said) who just absolutely refuse to accept it when something they love is over. It happened with Firefly (anyone in the media even said the word Firefly or Serenity and a hoard of Browncoats would start saying it was a sign of a sequel, and there were plenty of them that tried to deny Serenity's failure at the box office) and I see it happening with SSC's Buffy line. When Buffy popped up on that poll I saw more than one person say "Return of the 1/6th or PF line?" when we already knew it was the Elektric Tiki stuff. I'm sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way by people. I would share in your joy for the revival of the line. I just dislike people making basing hopes on the tiniest bit of evidence that may or may not support it. It's what gave Browncoats a very bad on the internet for quite some time.

When Buffy popped up on that poll I saw more than one person say "Return of the 1/6th or PF line?" when we already knew it was the Elektric Tiki stuff.

Actually I didn't already know that at the time, I had no idea that ET already had some other Buffy statues ready to go, aside from the Faith drawing.
I do accept that the 1/6th line is good as dead, but had hopes for another PF or 2.
Mind you, I don't expect any, just like I don't expect any Firefly PF's, but it won't stop me from asking, as oftern as I can. In the mean time, I save money.

What is it about Whedon fans that makes them absolutely unable to let go? We saw it when Firefly was canceled, and when Serenity tanked at the box office. We see it with the SSC Buffy lines. THEY ARE DEAD! LET IT GO! Drives me nuts.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Ok, here's an example. For quite some time, being a Browncoat online was something to be ashamed of. This became known as a fandom that was so fanatical, and so unable to look at reality that the pissed off half the internet. People just absolutely refused to accept that Firefly was dead. These are people that tried to deny that Serenity was a box office failure. Any time anyone even mentions the words Firefly or Serenity, there are still many Browncoats that will jump up and start talking about how they think a sequel is so likely. It seems to be the same here. People see that new Buffy stuff will be announces at SDCC and many people start expecting 1/6th figures of PFs, when we already know that those lines are as good as dead. That's my problem.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

But Odowankenobi, WE aren't those Browncoats you keep talking about. Why do you keep bringing them up if you aren't making a comparison to 'some' of us in this forum? Talk about not being able to let something go! :rolleyes: :lol I for one promise not to behave like the Browncoats you seem to be unable to stop talking about and will agree with you that the Sideshow Buffy/Angel lines are dead and let's move on. :peace

I doubt we'll see any Sideshow Buffy releases. I think we're going to have to look elsewhere for Buffy collectible fixes. But I "may" continue talking about it from time to time... :monkey3

Last edited:
Anything is possible. Right now SSC is over extended on what they can produce but if something horrific happened to the SW license they would have lots of resources suddenly available.
Also, since there aren't any more Scooby Doo movies on the horizon, SMG may like the idea of a guaranteed check at some point and we may eventually see a Buffy TV movie or something which could make SSC reexamine their production.
It may not be likely and I don't expect it. However I will continue to express my displeasure at the circumstances and in the meantime I have purchased Spencer's Wesley, and Binky's Willow and Gunn head casts and continue to make my own.
The bottom line is there is every reason to remain hopeful (Not pathetically in denial, but hopeful) that this could be revisited later on. And while I can appreciate the frustration at those who persist that Serenity MUST rise phoenix like from the ashes, their number is infinitesimally smaller than those who refuse to believe that Boba Fett died in ROTJ.

olaf.jpg

I didn't mean to completely derail this thread, and I'm sorry. And I really don't appreciate being labeled a troll. I was merely trying to express a little frustration.

Back