Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of how this movie performs at the box office, I'd like to commend WB, Campbell, and company for having the cajones to unapologetically make such an all-out cosmic comic book film with an absolutely massive sense of scale.

I'm not sure it will play well to Joe Sixpack the way a PIRATES Part 15 or TRANSFORMERS Part 72 would, but they deserve a ton of credit for shooting for the moon with GL.

That's what has me excited to see this. It's an all-out, no holds barred, honest to goodness comic book movie. No attempts to tone it down, or make it "real." It's got the weirdo aliens, energy weapons, flying through space, alien worlds, the blue midgets, Sinestro looking like a 1950's version of the devil, the whole magilla.

That's what has me excited to see this. It's an all-out, no holds barred, honest to goodness comic book movie. No attempts to tone it down, or make it "real." It's got the weirdo aliens, energy weapons, flying through space, alien worlds, the blue midgets, Sinestro looking like a 1950's version of the devil, the whole magilla.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

And Mark Strong could not be more perfect as Sinestro.

This film is a risk that I guarantee you pay off. The amount of TLC given to this film I think it'll hit the general public in terms of CGI and effects and the comic book fans like myself in terms of storyline. I really think that after June 17th you'll see a bunch of new GL fans just like you saw with Iron Man and I think you'll get at least one sequel without much issue.

Id like to see thus become a massively successful franchise with at least a trilogy... There is so much amazing source material in the comics.

I also hope these films eventually also tie into the upcoming Superman, Flash and Batman reboot post Nolan for a full on future JLA film - but I know chances of that are negligible

From what I've read the Justice League film will be a standalone film not tied to the current franchises although no one has said whether or not they'll recast or option the current actors. Bale isn't in it though for sure, so considering how fast they want to put together the JLA film one has to wonder what their plans is for Bats.

A representative from WB said they are looking for GL to take the franchise helm from the ending Harry Potter films so its no surprise that their throwing a ton of money behind it. I just hope that the same care is being given to the Flash script which is in that phase right now.

I'll be curious to see how GL does of course and if it does great thats well great. I want it to do well so we get more films if Joe six pack doesn't like it but I do thats ok because Joe six pack isn't buying my movie ticket.

I hope the movie does well, it looks great and im a DC guy. The Batman films are great and epic but WB needs another epic franchise for a DC tentpole.

Mike whats the rumored Budget of the film? The Marketing campaign is massive.

The budget so far I believe has just crested $200 million once you add in marketing and the additional $9 Million they threw at effects. Apparently the folks at Sony Imageworks and Rising Sun Pictures with the additional help have done so well in their work that rumor is that WB is throwing more money at them to update all effects. Interestingly enough Campbell was quoted recently that the effects you are seeing are the paired down version of what he had planned.

Campbell Interview said:
Campbell also touched upon the film's budget from a filmmaker's perspective. "It's interesting that there were budget restrictions. So you don't have the massive sequences that you always start off envisioning before the cost comes in and everyone basically ____s a pumpkin -- and then you downsize the thing. I would have liked to have done that but that we just couldn't afford."

From the "Constructing Green Lantern: From Page to Screen" movie companion book

(There are Spoilers but I won't point them out)

5741414855189617359bb.jpg

57419657729d23a14f49b.jpg

57414155515fe589ea19b.jpg

5741966330c30f61f68eb.jpg

5741967766b8286428d6b.jpg

574196888202d8995b03b.jpg

Mike, are there any promo or good pics of Blake as Carol yet? I want a new siggy. :lol

Not yet, they are downplaying her right now as her portrayal of Carol so far has brought out nerd rage. I'm sure they are on their way though, I'll keep you in mind! :D

Back