Green Lantern Premium Format (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what about being respectful about those who DON'T like something? Maybe those who waited years for a character to be done, and will have to wait years again for another iteration of the same character. It's easy to say "don't like, don't buy" when your picks are Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, Batman, Superman... there's always one of those right around the corner. It's not exactly the same when the character you want is a less popular one, and won't probably be made again for years.
Some posts really look like replies by brainwashed sycophants, in fact they don't go further than dumb one liners... just saying. If you really like something, your opinion shouldn't be touched by the fact that others don't like it.

I'm sorry. You guys arguing. With Mule here are just climbing an up hill battle, which was the reason for my last comment towards him. I've since placed him on ignore. The guy has no respect for any opinion but his own and as seen by his actions from statue forum had no respect for those working for Sideshow either. If something isnt done exactly how he thinks it should be with his large amount of expertise in art direction, its just not good.

With that a bid him goodbye.

And what about being respectful about those who DON'T like something? Maybe those who waited years for a character to be done, and will have to wait years again for another iteration of the same character. It's easy to say "don't like, don't buy" when your picks are Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, Batman, Superman... there's always one of those right around the corner. It's not exactly the same when the character you want is a less popular one, and won't probably be made again for years.
Some posts really look like replies by brainwashed sycophants, in fact they don't go further than dumb one liners... just saying. If you really like something, your opinion shouldn't be touched by the fact that others don't like it.

Your reply emplies that you MUST own these. Nothing in this hobby is a must. Nothing in any hobby is a must. I ordered a savage Opress, and it had some design flaws I didn't Foresee and some damage. He is my favorite Star Wars character. I returned him and I'll wait for the next one (that probably will never happen). So I'm not just some brainwashed monkey. I'm just a guy that realizing that passing on a character/statue isn't the end of the world like some of the people on this forum make it out to be.

Your reply emplies that you MUST own these. Nothing in this hobby is a must. Nothing in any hobby is a must. I ordered a savage Opress, and it had some design flaws I didn't Foresee and some damage. He is my favorite Star Wars character. I returned him and I'll wait for the next one (that probably will never happen). So I'm not just some brainwashed monkey. I'm just a guy that realizing that passing on a character/statue isn't the end of the world like some of the people on this forum make it out to be.

Of course these are not food and my "brainwashed" comment wasn't aimed at you, since both your posts were pretty articulated. My critic was aimed at guys like Josh who like to throw the stone and hide the hand, as we use to say here. He likes to play the part of the smart guy and call everyone else a hater, while in fact all this argument started simply due to his unnecessary defense of Sideshow choices just cause he can't accept the fact that some people don't like what he likes.
Is this the end of the world? Of course not. But these discussions wouldn't go south if it wasn't for the usual bunch of people who can't nail two sentences in a row and are only able to come out with "yadda yadda you're a hater" or "go buy dolls ololo".
Let's face it, these are the kind of people who enjoy living in their small bubble on the internet, simply cause if they talked like that with someone in person they'd get slapped so quickly they'd wake up in a DeLorean in 1955.

Last edited:
Cant wait to order this.. is the lantern the exclusive piece?

GL.jpg

Last edited:
So okay.. while watching SS's video.. it says that the lantern is the exclusive piece.. at the bottom of the video.

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 3.51.56 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 3.52.10 AM.jpg

Ummmm how about you go the custom route then? Boom!

I've been trying to work out where the high collar comes from, other than new 52 costume it might be from Sinestro green lantern costume from blackest knight?

Same stiching around the shoulders. I think SS has done two styles with Hal, classic Justice league/Blackest Knight style?

Hopefully SS is still interested on expanding its blackest knight line and wants the costume to be from the same story line.

I've been trying to work out where the high collar comes from, other than new 52 costume it might be from Sinestro green lantern costume from blackest knight?

Same stiching around the shoulders. I think SS has done two styles with Hal, classic Justice league/Blackest Knight style?

Hopefully SS is still interested on expanding its blackest knight line and wants the costume to be from the same story line.

Actually if you look at Hal's costume through the years he's almost always had a higher collar. It's the 'v' slit in the front that's new.

green_lantern_alex_ross.jpg

GreenLanternCv2.jpg

green.lantern2a.jpg

Ummmm how about you go the custom route then? Boom!

Not sure if that was a serious statement - but it's exactly what I'm doing.
Only drawback is that customs tend to be more expensive and of course they tend to be made on a more amateur level, so there isn't much room for experimenting. I.e. using clear resin for the running effect of a Flash or the phasing effect of a Manhunter would probably require a number of trials that would be too expensive for a private commissioner, while being perfectly affordable for a company.

There is one very good Manhunter custom sculpt out there (he's the DC character I'm interested in, just in case it wasn't obvious already), I thought about buying and producing it but other than the cost of the sculpt itself, it would have needed some changes in the sculpt (so extra cost) plus some trials for the phasing effect I wanted. And, on top of that, it was purchased first by an individual of very low moral value who's producing it without the slightest tweak at nearly $800.
Even with all the good will of this world and modern technologies, there are limits to what an individual can achieve... that's why companies are still in the business, after all.

Haven't bit the bullet on Aquaman yet, but I think this one is looking like a win so far. Stewart head must be the ex, right?

When I first saw the teaser, my initial thoughts were "Please be John Stewart! Please be John Stewart!" At about 7 seconds when the white glove appeared, I knew it was Hal Jordan 2.0. After a few days to digest, my thoughts are as follows:

Pros
It's a solid museum pose with a relaxed grace to it. Reminds me a lot of the DC Direct museum statue which is also a stellar piece.

The base looks stable - one of my few issues with Sinestro - and visually pleasing. And its artistic style can be reused for (I hope) more Lanterns.

Cons
Biggest con for me is actually the green onesie. I know it's the classic Hal Jordan costume and it works with the Justice League line as "an iteration of GL". Just like you get nice recognizable versions of Supes, WW, Aquaman, and oversized Bats. ;)

However, for a GL fan like myself, seeing the video with him matched against Sinestro - in MODERN Sinestro Corps garb - really stood out and made me wish for the modern costume - the look Hal sported when his popularity erupted in the Geoff Johns era. Classic works for the JL line-up, but modern would've worked better for both JL and GL displays IMO.

The popped collar and seam lines look great. I don't even mind the boots. Just wish they ditched the onesie!

The lantern EX is another gripe of mine. Something so iconic and tied to the character should've come standard. I had the same issue with Batman's batarang. Have a switch-out right hand with energy construct be the EX. Not the power battery.

Ultimately (for me)
It's a really beautiful statue. I would've preferred John Stewart, but I know many here were clamoring for Hal again. It won't get me to sell the first GL PF - which is phenomenal - and I look forward to pairing them both up. And I really really really hope we get more GL characters from here on out.

Ultimately (for me)
It's a really beautiful statue. I would've preferred John Stewart, but I know many here were clamoring for Hal again. It won't get me to sell the first GL PF - which is phenomenal - and I look forward to pairing them both up. And I really really really hope we get more GL characters from here on out.

I am hoping we get a Star Sapphire sooner or later. I have a feeling she'd be up sideshow's alley since she has the sex appeal.

Kind of lame that the EX is the lantern, imo. Still, it's going to get me to pre-order, since I certainly wouldn't want to not have it.

Also not a huge fan of the "onesie" and the neck does seem a bit odd. Other than that it's a great looking piece though. Will go great with the trinity. Here's hoping for Flash next.

Back