Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

Looking more closely at the image for instock items, the silhouette of Gollum is clearly in view on the right.
102410lotrexpress_01.jpg

102410lotrexpress_02.jpg

102410lotrexpress_03.jpg

102410lotrexpress_04.gif

SWEET!!! Great news! Thanks for the heads-up, Seaward.

What is the exclusive? Is it the ring? Or an alternate portrait? I'm only on the new maquette line, as PFs are too big for my small collection space, but am interested to know.

What is the exclusive? Is it the ring? Or an alternate portrait? I'm only on the new maquette line, as PFs are too big for my small collection space, but am interested to know.

They said in the video a switch out torso Gollum/Smeagol, but there has been some miscommunication.

I just dug my way back through the thread and see the images of the two torsos, in sketch version at least. So what's up with the miscommunication?

I just dug my way back through the thread and see the images of the two torsos, in sketch version at least. So what's up with the miscommunication?

Some people are still saying that it's just the head that is switch out or both torsos come with the reg as well. It was a while back so I can't really remember. :lol

Thanks for all the quick responses guys, it's appreciated. :D

And watching that video made it so much harder to endure the long wait for the new maquette line to get started.

Last edited:

This is actually the first time I have been tempted to order the exclusive and the regular, given how different the two figures will be and how different Gollum and Smeagol were portrayed in the films. I just hope that the name plate will be something that swaps out, or if the base has two nameplates. The preview seemed to suggest that one pose would face one direction, while the other pose might face 180 degrees the other direction.

Looking more closely at the image for instock items, the silhouette of Gollum is clearly in view on the right.
102410lotrexpress_01.jpg

102410lotrexpress_02.jpg

102410lotrexpress_03.jpg

102410lotrexpress_04.gif

I'm going to have to go into SS and renew my mailings because I never got this and I know of other times I haven't got mailings. :(

The best part is, the bottom of the message states that a new LOTR collectible will be debuting during Spooktacular. Gollum is the easy favorite, as he is a major character in both films!

Yeah, it's DEFINITELY Gollum. Besides the silhouette...

102410lotrexpress_01.jpg

102410lotrexpress_02.jpg

102410lotrexpress_03.jpg

102410lotrexpress_04.gif

It clearly says "(psst - We hint at the new item above!)".

I'm so slow, I just now saw that sentence. I guess I should read the fine print more.

So Gollum WILL be the LOTR pre-order for Spooktacular. Sweet.

I didn't read the fine print either at first. I was just way too excited to post news on a new LOTR collectible!

Hope this PF is worthy...heard they were doing some cool stuff to have a Gollum/Smeagol trade off...like switch out upper torso or something like that.

This is actually the first time I have been tempted to order the exclusive and the regular, given how different the two figures will be and how different Gollum and Smeagol were portrayed in the films. I just hope that the name plate will be something that swaps out, or if the base has two nameplates. The preview seemed to suggest that one pose would face one direction, while the other pose might face 180 degrees the other direction.

Yep, looks like I might just have to pick up two of this... we'll see...:)

Looking forward to this............

Let's start speculating..... How much do you guys think it will be?

Considering it will have an extra torso, I think it will be $249.99

Less than a normal size PF but still up there....

Thoughts????

Last edited:

Switch out torso or not I would hope its not that much. There is definitely no elaborate costuming also if scaled correctly he should be pretty small. If its $200 or below I might consider getting two so I can have a gollum and smeagol display.

I don't see it being $200 ... that would be great though.. especially if it ends up being a change out torso with dual name plates....:gah:

Switch out torso or not I would hope its not that much. There is definitely no elaborate costuming also if scaled correctly he should be pretty small. If its $200 or below I might consider getting two so I can have a gollum and smeagol display.

I'd go with this :pray:

Great news! I'd say $249 minimum, even though he has no clothes there's more bare body to sculpt with just as much attention to detail so I think that's why it will be in the same price range or higher than Frodo esp if there is the rumoured switch out torso! Either way it will be acquired!! :):):)

How much did Frodo cost? $249.00? I would guess Gollum to be the same price, maybe $259.00 for the exclusive. Size of the character has less to do with price point as much as time spent in R&D and tooling, and I don't think that a 24" statue costs twice as much to develop as a 12" statue. Materials cost may save us some money, but not so much to be half as much as a normal PF.

I am actually not sure that they would be able to develop a switch nameplate. The other Premium Formats look to have the name plate sculpted into the base.

Really stoked for this one though!!!:hi5:

Back