Golf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started playing golf when I was maybe 8 years old. Played in junior and played in HS. I was unfortunate to grow up in L.A. and had some kid who just beat the hell out of all of us.

I play every once and while now.

Anyone know how much the average pro golfer makes in salary?? By average I mean someone that doesn't really win any tournaments but always makes the cut and finishes in the middle of the pack. Is most of their salary from teaching or do they make money finishing in the middle of the pack??? I can't imagine them making much from endorsements if they aren't winning tourny's

Golf--the only pro sport where some fat piece of **** sitting on his barko lounger eating potato chips can call into a landmark event and get a pro golfer a penalty or almost disqualified for a rules violation because the officials missed it. Yeah, if that was the case in all sports, I and everybody else could call into NFL games and override what the zebras are doing on the field. But then the games would never end! And I'm not just talking about what happened to Tiger today. That **** has gone on for years with pro golf. That IS NO ****ING way for a sporting event to be decided. You are a FAN; not an official and not part of the game.

Anyone know how much the average pro golfer makes in salary?? By average I mean someone that doesn't really win any tournaments but always makes the cut and finishes in the middle of the pack. Is most of their salary from teaching or do they make money finishing in the middle of the pack??? I can't imagine them making much from endorsements if they aren't winning tourny's

There are a lot of factors. First do they have a sponsor who pays them for travel, pays then extra money. If you look at the money list the mid pack guys are in 600k range. Now that's before taxes and taxes are based on where they make the money so talk about a nightmare tax return. A guy who makes most cuts is going to make a nice living. If your a tour pro your not making much money from teaching if any. You have no time to do so. Most club pros took a shot at making the tour and at some point decided to take less money but guaranteed money instead of grinding it out and hoping to make enough to live. If you don't make the cut you make no money.

Golf--the only pro sport where some fat piece of **** sitting on his barko lounger eating potato chips can call into a landmark event and get a pro golfer a penalty or almost disqualified for a rules violation because the officials missed it. Yeah, if that was the case in all sports, I and everybody else could call into NFL games and override what the zebras are doing on the field. But then the games would never end! And I'm not just talking about what happened to Tiger today. That **** has gone on for years with pro golf. That IS NO ****ING way for a sporting event to be decided. You are a FAN; not an official and not part of the game.

I agree 110%.

The thing about golf that is different is golf and any other sport is this is the only sport where you are required to call your own penalties. I do agree that fans shouldn't be able to call in, but then again the player should have called his own penalty. Rules officials main reason it to be there for rulings before a shot, not to call penalties of pleas but will if needed. The bigger issue is the number of rules that have lots of grey area.

Funny part is Tiger actually indirectly caused his own penalty. They were looking at the drop, and had determined it was close enough, until Tiger said he dropped in further so gain an advantage.

The thing about golf that is different is golf and any other sport is this is the only sport where you are required to call your own penalties. I do agree that fans shouldn't be able to call in, but then again the player should have called his own penalty. Rules officials main reason it to be there for rulings before a shot, not to call penalties of pleas but will if needed. The bigger issue is the number of rules that have lots of grey area.

Funny part is Tiger actually indirectly caused his own penalty. They were looking at the drop, and had determined it was close enough, until Tiger said he dropped in further so gain an advantage.

Exactly, had he said nothing in his interview about intentionally dropping two feet back, he would have been fine.

I tried golf once, but it was so complex and overwhelming. Just couldn't figure it out.

I think some people just aren't born with the elite skills of tapping a ball into a hole.

This game is all about finesse, love playing golf while drinking beer on the cart, love the ambience on the course.

Nice win by Adam Scott

I was pretty surprised Cabrera doesnt speak english??

Nice win by Adam Scott

I was pretty surprised Cabrera doesnt speak english??

Ugh I can't stand Scott. Can't stand his caddy even more.

I though I had heard Cabrera speak English before.

Back