gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Got the cancellation notice for my bellboy tonight. I may still attempt a phone call.

Sorry to hear that Mesa. You should give them a call especially if it still says the item is in stock on their website. Sometimes I really don't think they know what they're doing. They sent me a Machiko instead of a lost predator, so I asked if I could exchange the item for the one I intended to purchase. They sent me an response saying they'd give me a refund. I then asked if they could honor the sale price for the item I purchased. They person responded with, " We may be able to honor the sale price". However, they didn't tell me how I should go about doing it or who I needed to let know that I wanted to purchase the item at the sale price. Pretty stupid.

Sorry to hear that Mesa. You should give them a call especially if it still says the item is in stock on their website. Sometimes I really don't think they know what they're doing. They sent me a Machiko instead of a lost predator, so I asked if I could exchange the item for the one I intended to purchase. They sent me an response saying they'd give me a refund. I then asked if they could honor the sale price for the item I purchased. They person responded with, " We may be able to honor the sale price". However, they didn't tell me how I should go about doing it or who I needed to let know that I wanted to purchase the item at the sale price. Pretty stupid.

That's the thing. He is no longer on the website. Shouldn't have hesitate the 36 hours that I did. I think it's for realsies this time. :monkey2

YES! FINALLY got my notification of shipment from them for my Mark 1.

Now, what will show up, let's hope it's IM as it will be my first.

Blade is arriving today, got my Batman Kotobukiya statue Tuesday, man this has been a good week for collecting!

I've got my fingers crossed for you! Every collector deserves a MKI.

Thanks man!

I wasn't even going to get this figure but I've been coming across a lot of pics and some reviews and I just can't believe how detailed it is.

I've been waiting on the IM stuff for the new movie as I just really started collecting this stuff. At that price though, couldn't pass it up and I don't really want a Mark II because it's so similar to the III and I want to see the IV as well.

Last thing I ordered from Hastings isn't what I got, so I'm hopeful this one is right!

Damn. Got the cancellation notice for my Hellboy tonight. I may still attempt a phone call.

I haven't gotten a cancellation notice yet but it shows in my account on their site that it was canceled.

I e-mailed them earlier this week about my order for iron man and hellboy.I got a response like 2 days later saying they would reactivate my order and I should get shipping notices soon. When I got this I thought what the _____* why was my order not active. Now when I check my account it shows Hellboy as canceled but hopefully I will still get Iron man. Although I probably would have gotten Hellboy if my order wasn't deactivated.

Of the 5 items I've gotten from them, three were in moderate to heavily worn packaging (SS Luke, Han, Leia,) and the other two were in excellent condition (PF Indy, MK I.) The PF was poorly packed for shipping but arrived in (amazingly) perfect shape. It's such a roll of the dice with these guys, and if I keep ordering from them I know that one day I'll end up getting the shaft.

At this point I've spent just over $400 at gohastings and have received over $600 in product. That's worth rolling the dice for.

oh i agree. was just trying to get a handle on why like 60-70% of their stock packaging was crushed. just reminded me of the old irregular stores like Value City. but indeed it is the contents inside that're important. hell i got one of those Diamond 1/4 Mauls and this thing was TRASHED. retail box looked like it's been run over by a forklift, but amazingly the fig was perfect. oh and the shipping box was fine too lol.

so i think some of their business model is getting product that others
won't sell. the numbers are just too high to be coincidence. i did just get the Mark 1 and it's in better shape than i expected. figure's perfect (and freakin incredible!) and there's just 1 dent in the box, but it's bigger then i'd like. about 2 inches. thought about calling but after reading these last few pages i take it i'd have to send it back, get refund, and try to reorder and get original low price. doubtful lol. should probably just leave well enough alone.

Maybe it's that they're getting stuff that gets returned to Sideshow (for instance,) and some of it comes back in good condition and some of it doesn't. Then it gets wholesaled to Hastings at a deep discount, and the product gets kicked around in their stores some more. Maybe my Indy PF and my MK1 were not on the sales floor at all, but in one of the store's "back room." That could account for the low price and the lack of package wear I saw on those two items.

That's a lot of "maybes," but I guess that's why it's called an "educated guess." And if nothing else, us professors are educated.:lol

Maybe it's that they're getting stuff that gets returned to Sideshow (for instance,) and some of it comes back in good condition and some of it doesn't. Then it gets wholesaled to Hastings at a deep discount, and the product gets kicked around in their stores some more. Maybe my Indy PF and my MK1 were not on the sales floor at all, but in one of the store's "back room." That could account for the low price and the lack of package wear I saw on those two items.

That's a lot of "maybes," but I guess that's why it's called an "educated guess." And if nothing else, us professors are educated.:lol

It might be some of this but for us with local Hasting's stores they get this product regularly, well most of them.

They usually have some of it in stock a little while after it's been out, never exclusive stuff, but pretty much the big hitters. I have one store out of 4 that sells Sideshow and Hot Toys here in Idaho. The others only carry some Sideshow stuff sporadically like the G.I. Joe and SW stuff.

I don't think I've ever seen a sale for any of the items though and their prices are too high when you compare it to deals you can find on the internet. I think that might be where these sales are coming from. They are finally moving some stock and have had to drop their prices to do so.

I called the local store that carries all the items when this sale started and they said they won't honor their internet stores prices. I get that, but it was worth a shot. The only thing is, they are hitting up these stores that have these items in stock to ship them to the people that bought them online. Kind of bass-ackward if you ask me, but so are a lot of things.

Thanks man!

I wasn't even going to get this figure but I've been coming across a lot of pics and some reviews and I just can't believe how detailed it is.

I've been waiting on the IM stuff for the new movie as I just really started collecting this stuff. At that price though, couldn't pass it up and I don't really want a Mark II because it's so similar to the III and I want to see the IV as well.

Last thing I ordered from Hastings isn't what I got, so I'm hopeful this one is right!

I got my MK1 from hastings last week. It is my favorite HT figure. An absolute homerun.

I got my MK1 from hastings last week. It is my favorite HT figure. An absolute homerun.

Really? Favorite one?

Wow, feeling great about this purchase after reading everyones thoughts after receiving theirs.

Mine should be this week. I went for the triple play this week but only received 2 of the 3 collectibles I had coming due to gohastings trying to find my Mark I in their stores. Next week for him...oh well, like it spread out.

anyone who got the Indy PF said:
Mine was perfect, just needed a little stubble touch-up. The jacket, while appearing somewhat green out of the box, looks great in the soft incandescent light of my "movie room."
Indiana2.jpg

Mine was perfect, just needed a little stubble touch-up. The jacket, while appearing somewhat green out of the box, looks great in the soft incandescent light of my "movie room."
Indiana2.jpg

So Professor I take it this was part of the last gohastings sale as well? How much was it?

Looks pretty nice.

Back